TRT vs BPH Match Prediction & Betting Tips, The Hundred 2022
Trent Rockets and Birmingham Phoenix get their 2022 Men’s Hundred campaigns underway at Trent Bridge, Nottingham on Saturday afternoon. The Rockets came third in the group stage before being knocked out by eventual champions Southern Brave in the Eliminator last year. Phoenix went all the way to the final before losing by 32 runs. Read on as we preview this game. The match gets underway at 14:30 local time.
Trent Rockets finished in the top three last year and look set for another competitive tournament this time. They have a group of strong domestic players flanked by some international stars and will be dangerous in this match.
Birmingham Phoenix produced some of the most memorable moments of the 2022 competition and have retained many of their top players. They will be very hard to stop in this game.
Trent Rockets vs Birmingham Phoenix Match Live Streaming
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket.
The Hundred 2022 Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on SkyGo and the FanCode App.
TRT vs BPH Match Toss Prediction
Three of the four games at Trent Bridge last year saw the toss winning captain choose to bat first. We predict that both skippers will decide to bat first if they win the toss ahead of this match.
TRT vs BPH Pitch Report
Trent Bridge has been a batter’s paradise for many years with records broken here in T20 Blast and ODI fixtures. Expect plenty of pace and bounce on this wicket.
Partly cloudy with the temperature in the early 20s throughout this match. There is no threat of rain at any stage.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds, and match prediction for Trent Rockets vs Birmingham Phoenix, The Hundred 2022
Trent Rockets Team News & Playing 11
TRT Team News
Under new management, with Andy Flower having replaced Stephen Fleming, we expect to see Trent Rockets build on their top three finish from the 2021 season. There is certainly more depth to their batting than to their bowling, but Rashid Khan and Marchant de Lange are both very talented white ball bowlers.
TRT Key Players
- Alex Hales- the international opener did not produce as many runs as most had predicted in the 2021 Hundred. However, he is still a phenomenally talented white ball batter and few would bet against him delivering.
- Joe Root- the former England Test captain may not have the muscle and power of some of his team-mates but he possesses an incredible batting brain and will ramp, deflect and pull his way to many boundaries.
- Rashid Khan- the Afghan leg-spinner had competition best figures of 3-16 last year. His wickets cost 19.25 runs and he will want to bring that down in this campaign.
TRT Team Form
Although the Rockets ended the 2021 group stage with a win over Manchester Originals, they lost three of their final four matches in the tournament.
Trent Rockets Predicted Playing 11
Alex Hales, Dawid Malan, Joe Root, Colin Munro, Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Tom Moores (wk), Samit Patel, Lewis Gregory (c), Rashid Khan, Marchant de Lange, Luke Fletcher
Birmingham Phoenix Team News & Playing 11
BPH Team News
The pace bowling attack stocks at Birmingham Phoenix have been tested by injuries to Chris Woakes, Olly Stone and Matthew Fisher. All three are unavailable for the The Hundred 2022 but the side still has a formidable bowling unit. There are no injury worries ahead of this match.
BPH Key Players
- Liam Livingstone- the big-hitting middle order batter has scored some big sixes for England this summer but is yet to produce a big innings. He dazzled the crowds in 2021 and will look to do the same in this year’s edition.
- Moeen Ali- the experienced all-rounder no longer plays Test cricket and can concentrate on being one of the best all-rounders in the world in white ball cricket. Only three players scored more runs in the Hundred last year.
- Adam Milne- the New Zealand pace bowler did not just deliver wickets in the 2021 tournament. He finished with a bowling average of 10.75 and a strike rate of 11.2.
BPH Team Form
Phoenix lost two of their first three games last year but recovered to top the group with a six game winning streak. Although they lost the final, they had a formula which worked in this format.
Birmingham Phoenix Predicted Playing 11
Matthew Wade (wk), Will Smeed, Liam Livingstone, Chris Benjamin, Moeen Ali (c), Tom Abell, Dan Mousley, Imran Tahir, Kane Richardson, Benny Howell, Adam Milne
Trent Rockets vs Birmingham Phoenix Head to Head
Birmingham Phoenix bring a 100% record over Trent Rockets into this fixture. They won by six wickets at Edgbaston and 16 runs at Trent Bridge during the 2021 tournament.
TRT vs BPH Head to Head Stats in The Hundred
Trent Rockets vs Birmingham Phoenix Betting Odds
Birmingham Phoenix are very narrow favourites to get the win in this match. The bookies think the game is almost too close to call.
Who will win Trent Rockets vs Birmingham Phoenix Match?
There are very few players struggling for form in the XIs of both sides and we expect both camps to be full of confidence coming into this game. Although the Phoenix are favourites, the Rockets also have an excellent chance of getting the win.
Trent Rockets vs Birmingham Phoenix Betting Rate
Trent Rockets vs Birmingham Phoenix Prediction
The Rockets and the Phoenix were two of the strongest sides in the competition in 2021 and there is very little reason to doubt that they will not both be up there challenging again this year. We should be in for another entertaining and high-scoring match at Trent Bridge and we are predicting Birmingham Phoenix to come out on top.
Leave Your Comment
We do our best to give you most accurate & useful match predictions and would love to hear from you. Let us know if we need to improve. Share your own predictions for the matches. Let's talk: