TKR vs BT Head to Head
Barbados Tridents won both matches against Trinbago Knight Riders in the league phase of this year’s tournament to move to six wins in 14 games overall. In the first meeting, JP Duminy smashed 65 from 20 balls after Johnson Charles (58) and Jonathan Carter (51) had also hit half-centuries as Barbados posted 192/5. In reply, Hayden Walsh claimed 5-19 to help bowl the Knight Riders out for just 129.
Next up, Harry Gurney, Shakib Al Hasan and Walsh all took two wickets as the Knight Riders were restricted to 134/8. In reply, the Tridents – led by Charles’ half-century – claimed a seven-wicket win with two balls to spare.
TKR vs BT Head to Head Stats
|Matches Played||TKR Won||BT Won||Tie||No Result|
Trinbago Knight Riders vs Barbados Tridents Betting Odds
Trinbago Knight Riders are defending champions and go into this match as favourites as a result. Barbados beat them twice in the group stage and finished strongly, however – they could still cause an upset.
TKR Bet365 Odds
- TKR to Win the Match: Trinbago Knight Riders are 1.72 favourites to win with Bet365.
- TKR Top Batsman: Lendl Simmons’ hit a half-century when these teams last met and another in the eliminator as the Knight Riders won through to this game. He is 3.50 to be their top batsman again with Bet365. Colin Munro is priced at 3.75, having top-scored in last year’s final at this venue – while fit-again Sunil Narine is 6.50. Darren Bravo is also a generous price at 6.00.
- TKR Top Bowler: Narine is 3.75 to be the Knight Riders’ top bowler with Bet365, meanwhile. Chris Jordan, who was the top bowler in the eliminator, can be backed at the same price. Between the two of them, they played a key part in the Knight Riders’ win last time out. Of the other bowlers, Ali Khan is 4.50, while Khary Pierre and Seekkuge Prasanna are both 5.00.
BT Bet365 Odds
- BT to Win the Match: Barbados Tridents are 2.10 to beat Trinbago Knight Riders with Bet365.
- BT Top Batsman: Johnson Charles scored half-centuries in both matches against Trinbago Knight Riders last season and finished the league phase in good batting form. He is 4.00 to be Barbados Tridents’ top batsman with Bet365. Alex Hales is the same price, while Shakib Al Hasan and fit-again Shai Hope can be backed at 4.50 each. JP Duminy is 5.50, having starred in the first of the Tridents’ two wins in this fixture in the group stage.
- BT Top Bowler: Harry Gurney is 2.87 favourite to be Barbados Tridents’ top bowler with Bet365. Hayden Walsh Jr is 3.75, meanwhile, have been in superb wicket-taking form so far this season. Shakib Al Hasan is next on the list at 4.50, while captain Jason Holder is as high as 7.50 with Bet365.
TKR Betway Odds
- TKR to Win the Match: Trinbago Knight Riders are 1.72 favourites to win with Betway too.
- TKR Top Batsman: Colin Munro is 3.60 favourite with Betway to be Trinbago Knight Riders’ top batsman, while in-form Lendl Simmons is priced at 3.75. Kieron Pollard has showed some good form in the middle order, meanwhile, and he is 5.00 as a result. Darren Bravo can be backed at 6.00, while fit-again opener Sunil Narine is 6.50.
- TKR Top Bowler: Narine is 3.60 to be the Knight Riders’ top bowler with Betway, with Chris Jordan a generous 4.25 despite the fact he was the top bowler in the win against the Tridents last time out. Ali Khan is 4.50, while Khary Pierre is 5.00.
BT Betway Odds
- BT to Win the Match: Barbados Tridents are 2.00 to beat Trinbago Knight Riders with Betway.
- BT Top Batsman: Alex Hales is 3.75 favourite to be Barbados Tridents top batsman with Betway, while JP Duminy can be backed at 4.00 and in-form Johnson Charles is available to back at a generous best price of 4.75 with Betway. Shakib Al Hasan is 5.00, while Shai Hope is 5.50.
- BT Top Bowler: Shakib Al Hasan has been listed as favourite to be Barbados Tridents’ top bowler with Betway. He is 3.60, while Harry Gurney and Hayden Walsh are both 3.75 having been key to the Tridents’ upturn in form in the group stage. Jason Holder is 5.00.
Trinbago Knight Riders vs Barbados Tridents Prediction
Trinbago Knight Riders are favourites to beat Barbados Tridents but the Tridents beat them twice in the group stage and are definitely capable of upsetting the odds again.
Back Barbados Tridents to beat Trinbago Knight Riders at 2.10 with Bet365 and 2.00 with Betway.
TKR vs BT Dream11 Prediction
Johnson Charles was in good form in both matches against the Knight Riders and is well worth picking up at nine credits as a result. Shai Hope is fit again, so his price of 9.5 credits could be generous if he hits top form. Charles looks the safer bet if you only pick one, however.
In-form Lendl Simmons scored half-centuries in each of the last two matches and has five in all in this year’s competition. He is ten credits but has proved to be worth that and more. Kieron Pollard, meanwhile, has also been in good batting form – albeit further down the order. Given he has picked up wickets too, he is a great price at 9.5 credits as well. Alex Hales showed signs he is getting back to his best form too, with a breezy knock for the Tridents last time out.
Onto the all-rounders, and Sunil Narine’s return from injury was key for the Knight Riders last time out. JP Duminy is excellent value at nine credits given the batting impact he has had, meanwhile, and Shakib Al Hasan’s arrival has undoubtedly bolstered the Tridents with bat and ball. Captain Jason Holder has amassed more than 500 points too, but at 9.5 credits you may be best holding something back for the bowlers.
Onto those bowlers then, and Harry Gurney and Hayden Walsh have been integral to the Tridents’ upturn in form. They cost nine and 8.5 credits respectively but both are must-pick players. For the Knight Riders, Chris Jordan was their top man last time out and he is good value at 8.5 credits. That possibly leaves just eight credits, which is the cost of Akeal Hosein with the ball or Ashley Nurse with the bat.
Johnson Charles has scored half-centuries in both matches against the Knight Riders this season, while Lendl Simmons scored one against the Tridents and has five in total in this campaign. There is no doubt both are in good, consistent form and could make good captain/vice-captain picks. With the ball, Harry Gurney and Hayden Walsh Jr have been key wicket-takers. The latter in particular has been a sure bet for wickets in this year’s tournament. Then there all-rounders like Sunil Narine and Shakib Al Hasan who can never be counted out with bat or ball. Walsh’s consistency could make him a good captain pick, while one of those two all-rounders is worth a punt for vice-captain.
TKR vs BT QF2 Dream11 Team
|BATSMEN||ALL ROUNDER||WICKET KEEPER||BOWLER|
|Kieron Pollard||JP Duminy||Johnson Charles||Harry Gurney|
|Lendl Simmons||Shakib-al-Hasan (vc)||Hayden Walsh Jr (c)|
|Alex Hales||Sunil Narine||Chris Jordan|