NZ vs ENG Head to Head
England’s poor run of form in this fixture in New Zealand continued in the first test, as they crashed to an innings defeat. BJ Watling scored a double-century and Mitchell Santner added 129 of his own as New Zealand racked up 615/9 declared. While England failed to even bowl New Zealand out once, New Zealand – with Tim Southee again in the wickets against English – had already limited them to 353 all out before bowling them out again for 197 to complete an innings win. It follows their dominant form in the first match against England when they last met in 2018 – New Zealand bowling them out for just 58 in the first innings.
NZ vs ENG Head to Head Stats
|Matches Played||NZ Won||ENG Won||Tie||Draw|
New Zealand vs England Betting Odds
New Zealand are not big favourites to win the second test with the bookmakers, but their form suggests they are worth backing.
NZ Bet365 Odds
- NZ to Win the Match: New Zealand are narrow favourites at 2.25 to win with Bet365.
- NZ Top Batsman: Kane Williamson is 3.40 favourite to be New Zealand’s top batsman in the first innings of the second test. Tom Latham is 4.50, while Ross Taylor is 5.00. BJ Watling was their batting star in the first test, and he is in superb form too, so he is an interesting bet at 9.00.
- NZ Top Bowler: Trent Boult is 3.50 favourite with Bet365 to be New Zealand’s top bowler in the first innings, but with him being an injury doubt, Tim Southee is perhaps a better bet at 3.75, while Neil Wagner is 4.00 - he was their top second innings bowler last time out.
ENG Bet365 Odds
- ENG to Win the Match: England are 2.75 with Bet365 to level the series.
- ENG Top Batsman: Joe Root’s form has not deterred Bet365 from listing him as 4.00 favourite to be England’s top first innings batsman. Openers Rory Burns and Dom Sibley are 5.00 and 6.00 respectively, while Joe Denly is also 6.00, and Ben Stokes can be backed at 7.00.
- ENG Top Bowler: Jofra Archer is 3.50 favourite to be England’s top bowler in the first innings, while Stuart Broad is 4.00 with Bet365. Ben Stokes is 6.00, while Sam Curran can be backed at 5.00 and Jack Leach is 5.50.
NZ Betway Odds
- NZ to Win the Match: New Zealand are 2.25 favourites to win the second test with Betway.
- NZ Top Batsman: Kane Williamson is 3.60 favourite to be New Zealand’s top first innings batsman with Betway. Ross Taylor and Tom Latham can both be backed at 5.00, while Henry Nicholls is 6.00 and BJ Watling is 7.00 after his first-test heroics.
- NZ Top Bowler: With Trent Boult an injury doubt, Neil Wagner is 3.50 favourite with Betway to be New Zealand’s top team batsman. Tim Southee is 4.00, while Matt Henry is 4.33. Mitchell Santner can be backed at 5.00.
ENG Betway Odds
- ENG to Win the Match: England are 2.62 outsiders for the second test with Betway.
- ENG Top Batsman: Joe Root is 4.00 favourite to be England’s top first innings batsman with Betway, while Ben Stokes is now second favourite given his form this year. Stokes can be backed at 5.00 with Betway, while Rory Burns is 5.50 and Joe Denly is 6.00 and Dominic Sibley is 6.50.
- ENG Top Bowler: Jofra Archer remains 3.25 favourite to be England’s top team bowler with Betway, while Stuart Broad is 3.75. Sam Curran is priced at 4.50 with Betway, while Jack Leach is 6.00. Ben Stokes is 6.50.
New Zealand vs England Prediction
New Zealand were far too good for England in the first test, and the English bowlers could be left to toil on a batting wicket again in this second match.
Back New Zealand to beat England at 2.25 with both Bet365 and Betway.
NZ vs ENG Dream11 Prediction
BJ Watling’s brilliant double century confirmed his batting talent and form in the first test and at 8.5 credits he remains excellent value for this second test.
The good value continues with the batsmen – Rory Burns is 8.5 credits at the top of the order for England. At the other end of the price scale, Kane Williamson and Joe Root are the most expensive batsmen. Williamson hit a half-century in the first test, while Root needs to find form in the second. Tom Latham’s previous test form suggests he will be top value at nine credits, meanwhile.
Saving credits means plenty in reserve to afford Ben Stokes at 10.5 credits, meanwhile. He proved his worth 184 points in the first match. Mitchell Santner is 8.5 credits and hit his maiden test century in the first test, while both Colin de Grandhomme and Sam Curran are 8.5 credits apiece. De Grandhomme outscored Curran in the first test, while Sam Curran is also 8.5 credits. With Colin de Grandhomme out, he looks the best option.
That leaves three bowling spaces, and with Trent Boult injured, Jofra Archer looks the top option at nine credits. That still leaves 17 credits – enough for Neil Wagner and Tim Southee to round off your team.
Ben Stokes proved his value with bat and ball in the first test and, even though New Zealand won, he remains a good choice for captain given his current form. BJ Watling staked his claim to be considered, meanwhile – his good batting form is coupled with claiming plenty of wickets behind the stumps too.
NZ vs ENG 2nd Test Dream11 Team
|BATSMEN||ALL ROUNDER||WICKET KEEPER||BOWLER|
|Kane Williamson||Mitchell Santner||BJ Watling (vc)||Tim Southee|
|Joe Root||Ben Stokes (c)||Jofra Archer|
|Tom Latham||Sam Curran||Neil Wagner|