JS vs CTB Head to Head
Jozi Stars restricted Cape Town Blitz to just 113/7 from their 20 overs in last year’s MSL final, before Rassie van der Dussen’s unbeaten half-century led them to the inaugural title. It was their second win against the Blitz, though Cape Town had won the first match. Quinton de Kick (74) and Janneman Malan (66) helped the Blitz to 198/5 in the first match before they bowled the stars out for 136. Reeza Hendricks hit 79 in a total of 196/4 in the re-match, however, and Dan Christian’s 4-22 saw them bowl Cape Town out for 146 in reply.
JS vs CTB Head to Head Stats
|Matches Played||JS Won||CTB Won||Tie||No Result|
Jozi Stars vs Cape Town Blitz Betting Odds
Jozi Stars won last year’s MSL and have retained most of their key players for 2.0 too. As a result, they are favourites for this opening game.
JS Bet365 Odds
- JS to Win the Match: Defending champions Jozi Stars are 1.80 with Bet365 to start MSL 2.0 with a win.
- JS Top Batsman: Chris Gayle is the Stars’ marquee overseas signing and the West Indian legend is 3.40 to be their top batsman at the top of the order. Reeza Hendricks and Rassie van der Dussen were key with the bat last season, and they are both 4.33 this time out. Ryan Rickleton is 4.50, meanwhile, and new captain Temba Bavuma is 5.00 with Bet365.
- JS Top Bowler: With the ball, Kagiso Rabada is 3.50 favourite to be Jozi Stars’ top bowler with Bet365, while Duanne Olivier is 4.50 having finished as last season’s top MSL wicket-taker. Dan Christian starred against the Blitz in one of last season’s group games and he is 5.50, while Simon Harmer – who was central to Essex Eagles’ T20 Blast win – is 5.00.
CTB Bet365 Odds
- CTB to Win the Match: Cape Town Blitz are 2.00 to avenge last year’s final defeat by beating Jozi Stars in their opening game.
- CTB Top Batsman: Quinton de Kock is 3.00 favourite to be Cape Town Blitz’s top batsman against Jozi Stars with Bet365. He was their top run-scorer last season and was in excellent form in his most recent T20 matches. Moeen Ali is 3.50, while fellow Englishman Liam Livingstone – their first-round draft pick – is 4.50. Janneman Malan is 4.33.
- CTB Top Bowler: Pace duo Anrich Nortje and Dale Steyn are both 4.00 to be Cape Town Blitz’s top team bowler with Bet365. George Linde is 4.50 as a spin-bowling option, and you can back Moeen Ali, Sisanda Magala and Mohammad Nawaz at that price too.
JS Betway Odds
- JS to Win the Match: Jozi Stars are bigger favourites to win with Betway, at 1.72 to beat Cape Town Blitz.
- JS Top Batsman: Betway have priced Chris Gayle at 3.25 favourite to be Jozi Stars’ top team batsman. Last year’s key batsmen Rassie van der Dussen and Reeza Hendricks are both 3.60. Ryan Rickleton is 4.50, meanwhile, and Temba Bavuma can be backed at 6.00.
- JS Top Bowler: Marquee Proteas pick Kagiso Rabada is 3.60 with Betway to be the Stars’ top team bowler. Duanne Olivier is 4.00, meanwhile, after last season’s wicket-taking exploits. Dan Christian is 4.75, but Dane Paterson can be backed at 4.33 with Betway. Simon Harmer is 5.00.
CTB Betway Odds
- CTB to Win the Match: Cape Town Blitz are 2.00 to beat Jozi Stars with Betway too.
- CTB Top Batsman: Quinton de Kock is 3.00 favourite to be Cape Town Blitz’s top batsman with Betway too. They have priced Moeen Ali at 4.00 second-favourite, while Janneman Malan is 4.75 after his good form last season. Liam Livingstone was a key draft pick for the Blitz and yet he is as high as 5.50 to be their top team batsman with Betway.
- CTB Top Bowler: Anrich Nortje leads the Cape Town Blitz bowling odds with Betway. He is 3.75 to be their top team bowler, while Dale Steyn is 4.00. Spinners George Linde and Moeen Ali are both available to back at 4.50 with Betway to be the Blitz’s top team bowler against Jozi Stars.
Jozi Stars vs Cape Town Blitz Prediction
Jozi Stars will be looking to start as they left off – with victory against Cape Town Blitz. After retaining the core of that title-winning team, it is easy to see why they are favourites to do exactly that.
Back Jozi Stars to beat Cape Town Blitz at 1.72 with Betway and 1.80 with Bet365.
JS vs CTB Dream11 Prediction
Quinton de Kock might be the most expensive wicket-keeper but that is fully justified. His importance with the bat for the Blitz can not be overstated and his T20 form is excellent too. Ryan Rickleton is two credits less, but De Kock is the stand-out choice.
As ever, it is hard to ignore Chris Gayle at the top of the order even if he does so frequently blow hit and cold. Fellow Stars Rassie van der Dussen and Reeza Hendricks were central to the team’s success last season, meanwhile, and they are must-picks. For the Blitz, Janneman Malan is just 8.5 credits but score more than 300 runs in last year’s competition.
Moeen Ali is only going to be available for Cape Town Blitz for two games but his T20 Blast form for Worcestershire Rapids shows what he is capable of with the bat and ball – as if any reminder was needed. Two other players to have a big impact on that tournament were Liam Livingstone and Simon Harmer but you may only be able to afford one given the cost of the above picks. Harmer’s bowling is more likely to produce wickets and gives him the edge. There are then a number of good lower-cost options, including George Linde at 8.5 credits.
If you have gone big on the batsmen, you can not afford to do the same with the bowling of Vernon Philander, Dale Steyn and Kagiso Rabada. The latter two are big misses in particular. Anrich Nortje, Sisanda Magala and Duanne Olivier are all in the 8.5-credit bracket, however – that is great value.
Moeen Ali starred with bat and ball for Worcestershire in the T20 Blast and if he continues that form he will be an excellent choice for Dream 11 captain. The Wanderers is a batting wicket so a more adept batting all-rounder is a top pick. For vice-captain, Quinton de Kock’s form in T20 cricket is excellent and he will grab wickets behind the stumps too.
JS vs CTB Dream11 Team
|BATSMEN||ALL ROUNDER||WICKET KEEPER||BOWLER|
|Chris Gayle||Moeen Ali (c)||Quinton de Kock (vc)||Anrich Nortje|
|Rassie van der Dussen||Simon Harmer||Duanne Olivier|
|Reeza Hendricks||George Linde||Sisanda Magala|