ENG-W vs SA-W Match Prediction & Betting Tips, Semi Final Womens T20 World Cup 2023
We are now at the business end of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup. The second semi final will be played between two highly competitive sides where the hosts i.e., South Africa Women take on the mighty England Women in a high voltage game at Newlands Cricket Ground in Cape Town. The game is scheduled to take place on February 24 at 15:00 local time.
This fixture is seen as the mother of all battles. Eng-W are in red hot form and have literally decimated any opposition that they encountered. Furthermore, they look more threatening than ever after registering their biggest victory against Pak-W in terms of runs. SA-W on the other hand, have also played some really good cricket in this year’s World Cup edition. They would surely be loaded with tremendous confidence after achieving a convincing 10-wicket victory over Bang-W in their preceding fixture. This is a big game for both the teams and a win at this point will draw them closer to the trophy.
This is a contest between two evenly poised sides. Eng-W by far have looked the most dominating side of the tournament. They have flawlessly won 4 out of 4 games and have all their main players firing at the right occasions. Meanwhile, SA-W have had a topsy-turvy ride in this tournament. After suffering a narrow defeat against SL-W, they made some recovery against NZ-W and again went down to AUS-W in a fairly one-sided match. It was their thumping win against Bang-W that helped them sail past NZ-W and secure a place in the semis.
Both the teams are coming into this fixture after registering astounding victories. We can surely expect this to be a nail-biting contest. However, by looking at the ongoing record of both teams in this world cup, our win predictor favours ENG-W to triumph over SA-W in this close encounter.
England vs South Africa Women T20 Match Live Streaming
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Star Sports, SuperSport, Sky Sport Cricket, Gazi TV, PTV Sports, Fox Sports and ESPN+
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, SuperSport App and Hotstar.
ENG-W vs SA-W Match Toss Prediction
Out of 35 T20 matches played at this venue, 12 have been won by the team batting first, and the team bowling first has won 21 times. This serves as an indication that batting gets a lot easier as we continue to progress through the day. However, we have seen some very big first innings score in this year’s world cup edition specially Eng-W’s score of 213-5, which was more than sufficient to dismantle Pak-W in an embarrassing manner. Considering that this is a high pressure game, the skipper winning the toss may want to refrain from chasing and try to put enough runs on the board.
ENG-W vs SA-W, Newlands Pitch Report
The pitch at Newlands is a batting friendly paradise and we have seen teams register big totals. Also, the pitch has something in it for the seamers and the slow bowlers too. Seamers can exploit the moisture and trouble the batsmen early on during the initial overs. And as the surface wears off, it can aid the spinners who can extract considerable turn and bounce to keep the batters in check.
Cape Town Weather Report
The weather is expected to remain partially sunny with maximum and minimum temperatures of 22 C and 16 C respectively. However, chances of rain at this stage are barely at 10%. Fair amount of breeze is anticipated on this day as the wind speed is expected to reach at 31 km/h.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds, and match prediction for England vs South Africa Women, Semi Final Womens T20 World Cup 2023
ENG Women Team News & Playing 11
ENG-W Team News
Eng-W have not got any of their strategies wrong and would be looking to keep their winning combination intact to make it 5 in a row.
ENG-W Key Players
- Nat Sciver-Brunt – The 30-year-old has been the leading run scorer for Eng-W in recent times. She has consistently fired for her side in crucial times and has bagged 3 player of the match awards for her high-quality batting performance. She has also managed to bowl with great control in this tournament by keeping the run flow in check during middle overs. Besides, she has a high score of 82 and a four-wicket haul of 4/15 to her name making her one of the most lethal WT20I all-rounders to contend with.
- Alice Capsey – The 18-year-old has had a remarkable start to her WT20I career. At such an early age, she registered her highest WT20I score of 51(20) against Ire-W which helped Eng-W sail with a comfortable win. Besides, she has a healthy batting average and a striker rate of 30.1 and 137 respectively. With such formidable numbers, Alice is surely a player to watch out for.
- Sophie Ecclestone – Sophie has by far looked the most threatening bowler in the Eng-W line-up in recent times. Last year alone, she picked up a total of 26 wickets at a jaw dropping average of just 14.3. In the ongoing Women's T20 World Cup edition, she rose up to the occasion to deliver timely breakthroughs for her side. Her impressive striker rate of just 15.48 and a tight economy rate of 5.77 RPO, can send some chills down the spine of any high-class batter.
ENG-W Team Form
Eng-W are unbeaten and have won 4 out of 4 fixtures. They are surely a force to reckon with and mounting any sort of offensive would be an uphill challenge for the Proteas Women.
Recommended: Place bets on Cricket with Dafabet Mobile App
ENG Women Predicted Playing 11
Sophia Dunkley, Danni Wyatt, Alice Capsey, Nat Sciver-Brunt, Heather Knight (c), Amy Jones(WK), Sophie Ecclestone, Katherine Sciver-Brunt, Sarah Glenn, Charlie Dean, Lauren Bell
SA Women Team News & Playing 11
SA-W Team News
Ire-W have been beaten comprehensively in this year’s Women’s T20 World Cup by Eng-W and Pak-W. We can surely anticipate seeing some forced changes in all departments leading up to this upcoming fixture.
SA-W Key Players
- Laura Wolvaardt – Wolvaardt is SA-W’s highest run getter in the past one year. She has amassed 377 runs in just 16 innings at a remarkable average of 34.27. Besides, she played a blinder of an innings against Bang-W that helped her side knock NZ-W out of semi final contention. There are plenty of runs to be scored if she gets her eye in at the top of the order.
- Sune Luus – The SA-W’s skipper has performed consistently with the bat in this tournament. She has registered 3 consecutive 20 plus scores in this tournament and has stepped in whenever her side looked in trouble. In WT20I, she averages 21 and has a top score of 71 to her name.
- Marizanne Kapp – Kapp is known to deliver both with the bat and the ball. Highly renowned for her all-round abilities, she has already left her mark in this year’s world cup edition by picking 7 wickets at a jaw dropping economy of less than 4 RPO. In WT20I, she averages just under 20 with the bat and the ball and has looked like a tricky customer to contend with when she gets her flow right.
SA-W Team Form
SA-W had to endure a roller coaster ride in this tournament winning 2 out of 4 fixtures. Their last win came in a very emphatic style and they would be hoping to repeat the heroics of their preceding fixture to get themselves comfortably placed in the finals.
SA Women Predicted Playing 11
Laura Wolvaardt, Tazmin Brits, Marizanne Kapp, Sune Luus (c), Chloe Tryon, Delmi Tucker, Nadine de Klerk, Sinalo Jafta (WK), Shabnim Ismail, Masabata Klaas,
ENG Women vs SA Women Head to Head
Eng-W have a very powerful win record against SA-W. Both teams have clashed on 22 occasions and Eng-W have thoroughly outplayed SA-W on 19 occasions. Even in the 5 encounters, SA-W have not been able to break the shackles and have barely managed to secure a single win.
ENG-W vs SA-W Head to Head Stats in T20s
ENG Women vs SA Women Betting Odds
Eng-W would be riding high on confidence after winning 4 out of 4 fixtures. They would appear to be a much-relaxed side after knowing that they have an impressive record against Proteas Women in WT20I. On the other hand, this will be a very big game for SA-W as they will be playing in front of their home crowd. They have made some remarkable turnarounds as a team in this year’s world cup edition and are more determined than ever to fight it till the very end.
Recommended: Best Cricket betting odds to place your bets with top online betting sites
Who will win England vs South Africa Women T20 Match?
After taking Eng-W’s T20 World Cup record into consideration, we expect them to edge past SA-W and hence they are at odds of 1.25 as opposed to SA-W who are at 3.8. We expect Eng-W to hit over 75.5 runs in the first 10 overs of their innings.
Leave Your Comment
We do our best to give you most accurate & useful match predictions and would love to hear from you. Let us know if we need to improve. Share your own predictions for the matches. Let's talk: