ENG-W vs PAK-W Match Prediction & Betting Tips, Womens T20 World Cup 2023
The 19th game of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2023 will be played in Cape Town at Newlands Cricket Ground where a dominant Eng-W side go head to head with a vulnerable looking Pak-W side on February 21th, 2023. The game is expected to kick off at 15:00 local time.
Eng-W have been on top of their game in this tournament and are yet to be defeated. They are currently ranked number 1 on the Group 2 points table sitting with a robust NRR of 1.776. They are currently in the form of their life and have one eye on the semi-final spot.
On the other hand, Pak-W have had a forgettable T20 World Cup campaign and are on the brink of elimination. They are currently the second worst ranked team after Ire-W sitting at number 4 spot with a NRR of 0.981.
This is a contest between two very uneven sides. Eng-W by far have looked as the most invincible side in this year’s WT20 edition and are well and truly on their way to making it to the semis. Their win percentage is at a staggering high of over 60% in WT20Is and look more threatening than ever.
Pak-W have had a horrid outing in this year’s World Cup and have looked off colour against top sides. Besides, their win record in WT20 is in shambles with a win percentage of just around 30%. After going down to WI-W in a closely contested match, their confidence as a team would have hit rock bottom.
England vs Pakistan Women T20 Match Live Streaming
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Star Sports, SuperSport, Sky Sport Cricket, Gazi TV, PTV Sports, Fox Sports and ESPN+
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, SuperSport App and Hotstar.
ENG-W vs PAK-W Match Toss Prediction
Out of 21 T20 games played, 15 have been won by the side batting second. Although the surface is favourable for quicker bowlers and the spinners early on, the track gets better as time progresses making batting easier. Both captains would be mindful of this fact and would prefer bowling first on this track.
ENG-W vs PAK-W, Newlands Pitch Report
The pitch at Newlands Stadium is a bowling-friendly track that will assist the quicker bowlers and the seamers since the deck offers pace in the form of extra bounce and zip. Meanwhile, Newlands has one of those unique pitches in South Africa that provides something to spinners as well.
Cape Town Weather Report
The weather in Cape Town is expected to be partly sunny with no chances of rain. There will be a fair bit of moisture around as the humidity rate is expected to be at around 61%. The temperature is expected to creep up to a maximum high of 19 C.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds, and match prediction for England vs Pakistan Women, Womens T20 World Cup 2023
ENG Women Team News & Playing 11
ENG-W Team News
Eng-W are maintaining their unbeaten streak well. Hence, they would be looking to maintain their winning combination ahead of this fixture and power their way to the semis.
ENG-W Key Players
- Nat Sciver-Brunt – The 30-year-old has been the leading run scorer for Eng-W in recent times. Furthermore, she has also bailed her side out of trouble on a few occasions with her top-class innings of 40(30) and 50(42) which came at a crucial time. She has an astounding WT20I record as she currently averages 26 with the bat and 21 with the ball. Besides, she has a high score of 82 and a four wicket haul of 4/15 to her name making her one of the most lethal WT20I all-rounders to contend with.
- Alice Capsey – The 18-year-old has had a remarkable start to her WT20I career. At such an early age, she registered her highest WT20I score of 51(20) against Ire-W which helped Eng-W sail with a comfortable win. Besides, she has a healthy batting average and a striker rate of 30.1 and 137 respectively. With such formidable numbers, Alice is surely a player to watch out for.
- Sophie Ecclestone – Sophie has by far looked the most threatening bowler in the Eng-W line-up in recent times. Last year alone, she picked up a total of 25 wickets at a jaw dropping average of just 14.4. In the ongoing WT20 World Cup edition, she rose up to the occasion to deliver timely breakthroughs for her side. Her impressive striker rate of just 16 and a tight economy rate of 5.81 RPO, she can send some chills down the spine of any high-class batter.
ENG-W Team Form
Eng-W are unbeaten and have won 3 out of 3 fixtures. Considering the form that they are in, there is significant amount of likelihood of them making it 4 in a row.
Recommended: Place bets on Cricket with Dafabet Mobile App
ENG Women Predicted Playing 11
Sophia Dunkley, Danni Wyatt, Alice Capsey, Nat Sciver-Brunt, Heather Knight (c), Amy Jones(WK), Sophie Ecclestone, Katherine Sciver-Brunt, Sarah Glenn, Charlie Dean, Lauren Bell
PAK Women Team News & Playing 11
PAK-W Team News
Pak-W as a unit have been in total disarray in this year’s world cup edition. Their only convincing win came against Ire-W but since that victory, things have gone downhill for the Pak-W side.
PAK-W Key Players
- Muneeba Ali – Muneeba Ali shinned with the bat against Ire-W and played an inspiring knock of 102 (68) to pull Pakistan out of the misery. Her innings helped Pak-W register a comfortable win which further boosted their NRR. Hence, it is very clear that once she gets her eye in, bowlers will be going to all parts.
- Bismah Maroof – The skipper has emerged as one the key run getters for Pak-W under pressure situations. In the past one year, she has accumulated 433 runs at an impressive average of 25.47. Even in this Women's T20 World Cup 2023, she has appeared in fine form and has consistently piled up the runs for her side when the chips were down. She currently averages 32 with the bat in this year’s T20 World Cup edition.
- Nashra Sandhu – She has been the pick of the bowlers for Pak-W in this tournament. She has consistently chipped in with regular wickets and dried up the runs during middle overs. Her 4/18 skittled Ire-W women for an embarrassing score of just 95. Being in such a threatening form in this year’s world cup edition, opposition batters will be mindful of her threat.
PAK-W Team Form
Pak-W have only won once in their last 5 outings. Barring their solo win which came against a fairly inexperienced Irish side, Pak-W have thoroughly been outplayed by the top sides and face a stiff challenge ahead of their fixture with Eng-W.
PAK Women Predicted Playing 11
Muneeba Ali (WK), Sidra Ameen, Bismah Maroof (c), Nida Dar, Aliya Riaz, Fatima Sana, Omaima Sohail, Aiman Anwer, Tuba Hassan, Nashra Sandhu, Sadia Iqbal
ENG Women vs PAK Women Head to Head
Both teams have so far clashed on 4 occasions in the shortest format of the game. It is embarrassing to note that Pak-W are yet to register their maiden WT20I win against Eng-W.
ENG-W vs PAK-W Head to Head Stats in T20s
ENG Women vs PAK Women Betting Odds
This contest appears to be fairly one-sided on paper and Eng-W have largely looked at ease throughout the tournament. On the other hand, Pak-W have been hammered left and right and any chance of their revival against a top-quality English side appears bleak.
Recommended: Best Cricket betting odds to place your bets with top online betting sites
Who will win England vs Pakistan Women T20 Match?
Hence a win for Eng-W looks inevitable and they are at odds of 1.05 whereas a win for Pak-W is a very distant possibility as they are at odds of 9.23. We expect Eng-W to score over 78.5 runs in the first 10 overs.