WI vs NZ 2nd T20 Match Prediction & Betting Tips
West Indies and New Zealand line-up for their second of three IT20s on Friday afternoon in Jamaica. The series began on Wednesday afternoon with the visitors successfully defending their total of 185-5. West Indies were only able to post 172-7 in reply. Read on as we preview this game. The second match of the series gets underway at Sabina Park at 13:30.
In the first game of the series, West Indies suffered with similar issues to what we saw against India earlier this month. Too many of their top order batters are being dismissed for them to post a big enough total.
New Zealand impressed in their tour of Western Europe without some of their star players but looked like a real top side on Wednesday. All their batters played responsibly and aggressively and we expect the same in this match.
West Indies vs New Zealand 2nd T20 Match Live Streaming
TV channels: This match will be shown live on BT Sport, ESPN Caribbean and Sky Sport NZ
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match via the FanCode App.
WI vs NZ Match Toss Prediction
West Indies won the toss and chose to field first on Wednesday. With rain expected in the hours before the start, we expect both captains will want to bowl first ahead of the second game.
WI vs NZ Pitch Report
Although some of the West Indian top order batters had their struggles, most batters were able to score runs at a good rate on Wednesday. Expect good pace on this wicket for this match.
Humid with a large threat of thunderstorms over the first couple of hours of the game. The temperature will be at 32 degrees so any rain should dry up quickly.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds, and match prediction for West Indies vs New Zealand 2nd T20 Match 2022
West Indies Team News & Playing 11
WI Team News
West Indies have chopped and changed their team over the recent home IT20 series with Bangladesh and India but now may well be the time to keep a settled team ahead of the World Cup. Brandon King will be knocking on the door to get back in the side but we expect the hosts to be unchanged.
WI Key Players
- Shamarh Brooks - Although the right-handed opener batted at a strike rate of 97.67 in the first match of the series, he kept the innings alive as the rest of the top order threw their wickets away.
- Odean Smith - The all-rounder delivered with both disciplines in the opening game. He dismissed all of the top three in the New Zealand batting order before hitting 27 not out from 12 balls.
- Obed McCoy - The 25 year old conceded three sixes and one four on Wednesday but still picked up the crucial wicket of the in-form Daryl Mitchell.
WI Team Form
The five wicket win over India at the start of this month already seems a long time ago. West Indies have lost four games in a row in this format.
West Indies Predicted Playing 11
Kyle Mayers, Shamarh Brooks, Nicholas Pooran (c) (wk), Rovman Powell, Shimron Hetmyer, Devon Thomas (wk), Romario Shepherd, Odean Smith, Jason Holder, Hayden Walsh, Obed McCoy
New Zealand Team News & Playing 11
NZ Team News
The Black Caps welcomed back their top players to the XI for the first game of the series and their side for the start of the T20 World Cup in two months will be very similar. Lockie Ferguson is often rested but we expect the management to want to gradually increase his workload and for the team to be unchanged in this match.
NZ Key Players
- Kane Williamson - The captain hit four fours and two sixes at Sabina Park on Wednesday. He will have been disappointed to miss out on his 15th IT20 half-century.
- Mitchell Santner - The bowling all-rounder skippered the side to wins on their recent tours of Ireland, Scotland and the Netherlands. He took 3-19 on this pitch in the first game of the series.
- Trent Boult - The 33 year old announced that he will give up his New Zealand central contract at the end of this series. However, his commitment could not be questioned as he bowled 12 dot balls and dismissed Jason Holder.
NZ Team Form
New Zealand are targeting their ninth straight win in this format. We saw all batters and all bowlers chipping in with useful contributions on Wednesday.
New Zealand Predicted Playing 11
Martin Guptill, Devon Conway (wk), Kane Williamson (c), Glenn Phillips, Daryl Mitchell, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult, Ish Sodhi
West Indies vs New Zealand Head to Head
New Zealand have been dominant over recent clashes against West Indies in this format. The last win for West Indies in this fixture was eight games ago in July 2014.
WI vs NZ Head to Head Stats in T20
West Indies vs New Zealand Betting Odds
New Zealand are favourites to take an unassailable 2-0 lead in this series. The bookies cleary see the visitors as too strong for the hosts.
Who will win West Indies vs New Zealand 2nd T20 Match?
West Indies middle and lower-order batters are very talented and capable. If the top order can build more of a foundation then West Indies will be able to give New Zealand a really good contest.
West Indies vs New Zealand Betting Rate
West Indies vs New Zealand Prediction
West Indies certainly have a group of strong players but getting them all to perform consistently is the big issue at the moment. Although they will want to challenge in the 2022 T20 World Cup, the tournament may come a little early for them. We have been very impressed with New Zealand over recent weeks and are backing them to win the second IT20.