Who will win MI vs KKR, IPL 2019?
Kolkata Knight Riders know nothing less than a win against Mumbai Indians, who have already qualified, will be enough in their bid for a play-off place in the 2019 Indian Premier League. Scheduled for May 5, the live action begins at 20:00 local time.
MI vs KKR, IPL 2019: Where to watch/Live streaming
TV channels: Star Sports, SuperSport, Geo Super, Willow TV, Fox Sports, Channel 9, Lemar TV, Flow TV, BeIN Sport
Live streaming: Hotstar, BeIN connect, Yupp TV, Flow Sports, Foxtel Go
MI vs KKR Toss Prediction
Mumbai won the toss in their last home game and broke with tradition by electing to bat first. It will be interesting to see if that tactic is repeated.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds and match prediction for Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders, Indian Premier League 2019....
Mumbai Indians Team News & Playing 11
MI Team News
Barinder Sran has been selected ahead of Anukul Roy for the last two matches - the only change from Mumbai's win against Chennai Super Kings - and he has been expensive in both matches. Roy could return in his place. Beuran Hendricks has not featured after being selected as an overseas replacement, with Jason Behrendorff on Australia duty and Alzarri Joseph injured.
MI Key Players
Quinton de Kock remains the team's top run scorer after his unbeaten 69 from 58 balls in the last match. De Kock now has 462 runs from 13 innings, with a decent strike rate of 133.52 too.
Hardik Pandya top-scored when these sides last met, however. He hit 91 from just 34 balls - including nine sixes - to continue his fine big-hitting form down the order. Pandya, who also led Mumbai's super-over victory last time out, has scored 380 runs with a strike rate of 198.95.
Pandya also has 12 wickets to his name, the same as Lasith Malinga - the Sri Lankan earning his in four less appearances.
Jasprit Bumrah is their leading wicket-taker, however, with 15 - at a cost of 6.70 runs per over. He took 2-31 last time out and then bowled the powerplay over.
MI Team Form
Mumbai remain inconsistent in the latter part of Indian Premier League 2019 season, beating Sunrisers Hyderabad in a super over last time out to get back to winning ways.
Mumbai posted 162/5, with Quinton de Kock leading the way with 69* from 58 balls. In reply, Sunrisers posted 162/6 despite Hardik Pandya's wicket in the final over but Mumbai earned victory in the super over.
Their previous game was the reverse fixture against Kolkata Knight Riders, when they conceded 232/6 and Hardik Pandya's 91 from 34 balls could only lift them to 198/7.
Mumbai Indians Predicted Playing 11
Rohit Sharma, Quinton de Kock, Evin Lewis, Krunal Pandya, Hardik Pandya, Kieron Pollard, Suryakumar Yadav, Anukul Roy, Rahul Chahar, Jasprit Bumrah, Lasith Malinga
Kolkata Knight Riders Team News & Playing 11
KKR Team News
Kolkata Knight Riders have been unchanged in their last two matches, winning both, and are likely to stick with that winning line-up again for their final league game.
KKR Key Players
There is no question who Kolkata Knight Riders' star man has been, with Andre Russell top of both their batting and bowling charts. The West Indian's spectacular batting has been one of the highlights of the tournament, as he has bludgeoned 510 runs from 12 innings with a strike rate of 205.64. One of his four half-centuries was in the previous game against Mumbai, while he now has 52 sixes in total.
Russell has also taken 11 wickets, one more than Piyush Chawla and Sunil Narine. Narine has the best economy rate of the lot. Harry Gurney now has seven wickets in seven matches, while Sandeep Warrier took 2-31 in the most recent match.
With the bat, Chris Lynn has also hit four half-centuries and has 364 runs in total, from 12 innings, while Nitish Rana is on 318 after three half-centuries. Shubman Gill has found form of late and he now has 287 runs. Gill has hit 76 and 65* in his last two innings.
KKR Team Form
After an explosive start to the tournament, Kolkata Knight Riders lost six matches in a row but have won their last two to get back on track and stay in contention for a play-off place.
The first of those wins was against Mumbai, when Andre Russell smashed 80* from 40 balls and Shubman Gill also scored a half-century in a total of 232/2 before Russell took two wickets to help restrict Mumbai to 198/7.
Next up, Gill top-scored with 65* from 49 balls as the Knight Riders made light work of their reply to Kings XI Punjab's 183/6. Kolkata reached 185/3 to claim a seven-wicket with two overs remaining.
Kolkata Knight Riders Predicted Playing 11
Shubman Gill, Chris Lynn, Robin Uthappa, Andre Russell, Dinesh Karthik, Sunil Narine, Nitish Rana, Rinku Singh, Piyush Chawla, Harry Gurney, Sandeep Warrier
Team Form in Last Five Matches (most recent first)
MI : W L W L W
KKR : W W L L L
MI vs KKR Head to Head
Kolkata Knight Riders ended their losing streak against Mumbai by beating them when they last met, with Andre Russell in sublime form. It was only the Knight Riders’ sixth win in this fixture, while they have lost 18 times in the 24 previous fixtures. Russell smashed 80 from 40 balls when they last met, while Shubman Gill (76) and Chris Lynn (54) were also in excellent form as they posted 232/2. In reply, Mumbai slipped to 58/4 in the ninth over and Hardik Pandya’s 91 from 34 balls could only lift them to 198/7 and a 34-run defeat.
|Matches Played||MI Won||KKR Won||Tie||No Result|
Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders Betting Odds
Mumbai Indians have home advantage and an excellent record in this fixture, despite their defeat when they last met. Mumbai are favourites to win as they look for form ahead of the play-offs.
MI Betway Odds
- MI to Win the Match: Mumbai Indians are 1.72 favourites to beat Kolkata Knight Riders at home with Betway.
- MI Top Batsman: Pandya is 6.00 to be Mumbai’s top batsman, as he was in the reverse fixture, but more realistically Rohit Sharma is 3.75 and Quinton de Kock is 4.00. Evin Lewis and Suryakumar Yadav are both 5.00.
- MI Top Bowler: With the ball, Hardik Pandya is 5.50 to be Mumbai’s top bowler, while Jasprit Bumrah is favourite at 3.25 – the same price being offered by Betway on Lasith Malinga.
KKR Betway Odds
- KKR to Win the Match: Kolkata Knight Riders are 2.05 to beat Mumbai Indians with Betway.
- KKR Top Batsman: Russell is 5.00 to be Kolkata Knight Riders’ top batsman, while Chris Lynn is 4.00 and Shubman Gill is 4.50.
- KKR Top Bowler: Andre Russell is 4.75 to be their top bowler, meanwhile. Sunil Narine is 3.75, while Harry Gurney is 4.00.
MI Bet365 Odds
- MI to Win the Match: Mumbai Indians, with home advantage, are 1.72 favourites to win with Bet365.
- MI Top Batsman: Quinton de Kock is in fine form with the bat, and he is 3.75 to be Mumbai’s top batsman. Rohit Sharma is the same price, while Evin Lewis is 4.33 and Hardik Pandya is 7.50 down the order.
- MI Top Bowler: After his super-over heroics, Jasprit Bumrah is 3.50 to be their top bowler with Bet365. Lasith Malinga is 4.33 and Hardik Pandya is 5.00.
KKR Bet365 Odds
- KKR to Win the Match: Despite beating Mumbai when they last met and getting back to winning ways, Kolkata Knight Riders are 2.10 to win with Bet365.
- KKR Top Batsman: In-form Andre Russell is 5.00 to be KKR’s top batsman again, while Shubman Gill – on the back of two half-centuries – is 4.33. Chris Lynn is 3.75 to be top batsman.
- KKR Top Bowler: Russell is also their top wicket-taker and he is 4.50 to be top bowler with Bet365. Sunil Narine is 4.00, while Harry Gurney can be backed at 4.50.
MI Betrally Odds
- MI to Win the Match: Mumbai Indians are 1.70 to beat Kolkata Knight Riders.
KKR Betrally Odds
- KKR to Win the Match: Kolkata are 2.08 outsiders to beat Mumbai, despite winning so comfortably when they last met.
- KKR to hit most sixes in the match: With Andre Russell in the team, they are 1.82 to hit the most sixes in the match, meanwhile.
Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders Prediction
Mumbai Indians will want momentum going into the play-offs and, defeat last week aside, they have a good record in this fixture and can earn victory.
Back Mumbai Indians to beat Kolkata Knight Riders at 1.72 with Bet365 and Betway and 1.70 with Betrally.