Who will win KXIP vs CSK, IPL 2019?
Leaders, and defending champions, Chennai Super Kings close out the league phase of the 2019 Indian Premier League in Mohali, where they will face Kings XI Punjab. Scheduled for May 5, the live action begins at 16:00 local time.
KXIP vs CSK, IPL 2019: Where to watch/Live streaming
TV channels: Star Sports, SuperSport, Geo Super, Willow TV, Fox Sports, Channel 9, Lemar TV, Flow TV, BeIN Sport
Live streaming: Hotstar, BeIN connect, Yupp TV, Flow Sports, Foxtel Go
KXIP vs CSK Toss Prediction
Kings XI Punjab have been forced to bat first after losing the toss on each of the last three occasions at home.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds and match prediction for Kings XI Punjab vs Chennai Super Kings, Indian Premier League 2019....
Kings XI Punjab Team News & Playing 11
KXIP Team News
Andrew Tye and Sam Curran came into the team last time out, replacing David Miller and Mujeeb ur Rahman, and though both were expensive with the ball it could be a similar team to close out the season at home.
KXIP Key Players
Mohammed Shami and Ravichandran Ashwin have led the Kings XI bowling attack, with 32 wickets between them so far this season. Shami has 17 of those, while Ashwin has 15 and the better economy rate of 7.39 runs per over.
Funding the right balance of players with them has been the biggest challenge, but Sam Curran is capable with bat and ball – proving the former with his unbeaten half-century last time out.
KL Rahul is their top run scorer, with 522 runs from 13 innings, including five 50s and one unbeaten hundred.
Chris Gayle has hit four half-centuries and he has 462 runs in total, including a high score of 99*. Gayle also has a strike rate of 158.76.
KXIP Team Form
Kings XI Punjab have lost their last four matches to drop out of play-off contention. The bad run started when they failed to defend 163/7 in a five-wicket defeat to Delhi Capitals.
They conceded 202/4 against Royal Challengers Bangalore next up, despite Ravi Ashwin taking 1-15 from four overs, and fell to a 17-run defeat, and then saw Sunrisers Hyderabad hit 212/6 in their next match. KL Rahul hit 79 from 56 balls in the reply in that game, but Kings XI finished well short on 167/8.
Last time out, meanwhile, Sam Curran’s half-century helped them to 183/6 against Kolkata Knight Riders, but they lost by seven wickets with two overs to spare.
Kings XI Punjab Predicted Playing 11
Chris Gayle, KL Rahul, Mayank Agarwal, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Mandeep Singh, Sam Curran, Ravichandran Ashwin (c), Andrew Tye, Mohammed Shami, Murugan Ashwin, Arshdeep Singh
Chennai Super Kings Team News & Playing 11
CSK Team News
Chennai Super Kings were back to full strength last time out, with Faf du Plessis, Ravindra Jadeja and MS Dhoni all overcoming illness to return to the starting XI. Harbhajan Singh has tended not to play many away games in IPL 2019 season and Shardul Thakur could be the player to replace him.
CSK Key Players
MS Dhoni shook off illness to score 44 from 22 balls last time out and earn the man of the match award in the win against Delhi Capitals. Dhoni now has 358 runs from eight innings, with a strike rate of 142.62.
Suresh Raina’s half-century took him to 306 runs, meanwhile, and Shane Watson has scored 251. Faf du Plessis has 218 runs to his name, but he has only batted eight times compared to Raina and Watson’s 13 innings apiece.
Imran Tahir took 4-12 last time out, meanwhile, to move to 21 wickets in 13 matches – the second-most in this year’s competition. Tahir also has an economy rate of just 6.30 runs per over.
Deepak Chahar has 16 wickets to his name, meanwhile, while Ravindra Jadeja’s 3-9 last time out moves him to 12 from 12 with an economy rate of just 6.37 runs per over.
CSK Team Form
Chennai were back to their best last time out, as Suresh Raina scored 59 from 37 balls in a total of 179/4 against Delhi Capitals. Imran Tahir then took 4-12 as the Super Kings were bowled out for 99.
It was the perfect response to their own batting collapse in their previous match, when – with illness forcing a reshuffle – Chennai posted just 109 in reply to Mumbai Indians’ 155/4.
Chennai Super Kings Predicted Playing 11
Faf du Plessis, Shane Watson, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, Kedar Jadhav, MS Dhoni (c, wk) Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Deepak Chahar, Shardul Thakur, Imran Tahir
Team Form in Last Five Matches (most recent first)
KXIP : L L L L W
CSK : W L W L L
KXIP vs CSK Head to Head
Chennai have won their last two matches against Kings XI Punjab and now have 13 wins in total in this fixture from 21 games. Kings XI Punjab have won seven, plus a further one after a tie. This season’s match saw Faf du Plessis’ 54 help Chennai to 160/3. In reply, Harbhajan Singh claimed 2-17 from four overs, including a maiden, as Kings XI Punjab could only reach 138/5.
|Matches Played||KXIP Won||CSK Won||Tie||No Result|
Kings XI Punjab vs Chennai Super Kings Betting Odds
League leaders Chennai Super Kings are favourites to beat out-of-form Kings XI Punjab, as the defending champions – with MS Dhoni in great form – look to carry some momentum into the play-offs.
KXIP Betway Odds
- KXIP to Win the Match: Kings XI Punjab to beat Chennai Super Kings with Betway is worth 2.10.
- KXIP Top Batsman: KL Rahul is 3.00 to be Kings XI Punjab’s top batsman given his good form this season, while Chris Gayle is 3.25. Nicholas Pooran is 5.50 and Mayank Agarwal can be backed at 5.00.
- KXIP Top Bowler: Despite being one of Kings XI Punjab’s two stand-out bowlers this season, you can get as high as 4.75 on Mohammed Shami being their top bowler with Betway. Ravichandran Ashwin, the other stand-out, is 3.60. Andrew Tye can be backed at 4.00.
CSK Betway Odds
- CSK to Win the Match: Chennai Super Kings are 1.66 favourites to win with Betway.
- CSK Top Batsman: MS Dhoni is 5.00 to be Chennai’s top batsman thanks to his recent form, but Faf du Plessis is the favourite at 4.33 and Suresh Raina is 4.50 after his half-century against Delhi.
- CSK Top Bowler: After his four-fer last time out, Imran Tahir is 3.00 to be Chennai’s top bowler. Deepak Chahar is 3.75, while Ravindra Jadeja is 5.00.
KXIP Bet365 Odds
- KXIP to Win the Match: Kings XI Punjab are out of form and, consequently, are clear outsiders against Chennai Super Kings at 2.10 to win with Bet365.
- KXIP Top Batsman: Chris Gayle is 3.50 to be Kings XI Punjab’s top batsman with Bet365, while in-form KL Rahul could be a good bet at the same price. Further down the order, Nicholas Pooran is 5.00, while Sam Curran is 17.00 after his good form last time out.
- KXIP Top Bowler: Kings XI have two clear outstanding bowlers this season. Of those, Ravichandran Ashwin is 4.00 to be their top bowler with Bet365, while Mohammed Shami is 4.33.
CSK Bet365 Odds
- CSK to Win the Match: Chennai Super Kings are 1.72 favourites to beat Kings XI Punjab with Bet365.
- CSK Top Batsman: Shane Watson is 4.00 favourite to be Chennai’s top batsman, while Suresh Raina showed good form last time out and is 4.33. Faf du Plessis is 4.50, meanwhile, and Ambati Rayudu is 5.50 – the same price as in-form MS Dhoni.
- CSK Top Bowler: Imran Tahir is the second-highest wicket-taker in this season’s tournament and he is 3.50 to be top bowler again. Ravindra Jadeja was in excellent form last time out too and he is 5.00, while Deepak Chahar is a also at 5.00.
KXIP Betrally Odds
- KXIP to Win the Match: Kings XI Punjab are 2.08 outsiders to beat Chennai Super Kings with Betrally.
CSK Betrally Odds
- CSK to Win the Match: Chennai Super Kings are favourites to win with Betrally, at 1.70.
Kings XI Punjab vs Chennai Super Kings Prediction
Chennai Super Kings are in excellent form and Kings XI Punjab are not. Chennai will want to carry their momentum into the play-offs, and a win would be the perfect way to do that.
Back Chennai Super Kings to beat Kings XI Punjab at 1.66 with Betway, 1.70 with Betrally and 1.72 with Bet365.