IND vs AUS ODI Match Prediction & Betting Tips, Final Cricket World Cup 2023
The 2023 Cricket World Cup comes to a close on Sunday afternoon and evening as India and Australia play out the final at the Narendra Modi Stadium. India have won all their matches in the tournament and beat New Zealand by 70 runs at the Wankhede Stadium in Wednesday’s semi-final. Australia confirmed their place in Sunday’s game with a narrow 3 wicket win over South Africa at Eden Gardens on Thursday. Read on as we preview this final. The match gets underway in Ahmedabad at 14:00 local time.
Most pundits expected India to be the strongest team in the competition but all have been surprised by just how strong and consistent they have been throughout the ten games so far. With top quality players across their side, they should have more than enough to win and lift the trophy.
Australia looked to be heading out of the 2023 Cricket World Cup when they lost their opening two games but they have not looked back since and have also showed plenty of character when getting over the line in close matches. They will be competitive and will not be an easy opposition in the final.
India vs Australia ODI Match Live Streaming
TV channels: This game will be broadcast on Sky Cricket, Sky Sports AUS, Willow TV and Star Sports
Live Streaming: You can live-stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar and Sky Go
IND vs AUS Match Toss Prediction
Three of the four group stage games at the Narendra Modi Stadium have been won by the team batting second during this 2023 Cricket World Cup. As a result, we expect both teams to choose to field first if they win the toss ahead of this match.
In the past 2 years, India has played 55 ODI matches. They have a 70% win percentage with batting first and 71% with batting second.
If we look at Australia’s past 2 years, they have played 38 ODI matches. They have a 63% win percentage by both batting or bowling first.
IND vs AUS Pitch Report
This should be a pitch which offers something to all bowlers and batting will not be easy at the Narendra Modi Stadium on Sunday. We expect a par score to be between 290-295.
The pacers play an important role in the powerplay at this venue. They have been successful in picking early wickets. As the game proceeds and the pitch deteriorates, spinners are able to grip well and pick wickets.
Ahmedabad Weather Report
Humidity levels are expected to rise across this game with the temperature forecast to drop from the early 30s to the mid 20s. No rain is forecast across the final in Ahmedabad on Sunday.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds, and match prediction for India vs Australia, Final World Cup 2023
India Team News & Playing 11
India Team News
Although Shubman Gill was forced to retire hurt with a hamstring injury during the semi-final, he came back to end the innings and he is expected to be fit enough to play this match. There are no other fitness doubts for India ahead of this game.
India Team Key Players
- Virat Kohli- the 35 year old hit his third century of the tournament in the semi-final and has scored 711 runs with eight scores of 50+ across this Cricket World Cup 2023.
- Shreyas Iyer- averaging 75.14 in the competition, the number four batter is arguably in the best form of any batter with scores of 105, 128 not out, 77 and 82 across his last four innings. In 10 matches of World cup 2023 he has scored 526 runs.
- KL Rahul - KL Rahul has smashed 386 runs in 10 matches at an impressive average of 77.20. He played a fabulous innings of 97 against Australia while chasing 200 runs. Rahul has been a reliable middle-order batter in the World Cup and he is certainly a key player against a strong AUS bowling attack.
India Key Batsmen Stats
- Mohammed Shami- we saw another Player of the Match Award for the right-arm pace bowler in the semi-final win over New Zealand and he now has 194 ODI wickets. Shami has taken 23 wickets in 6 matches of World Cup 2023.
- Jasprit Bumrah- although the 29 year old quick bowler has picked up only four wickets from the last four games, his accuracy has been incredible and he took 2/35 in the last head to head with Australia. In 10 matches that he has played in World Cup 2023 he has taken 18 wickets.
- Ravindra Jadeja - Jadeja is a three-dimensional player in the Indian squad. We have seen more of his bowling and fielding skills in this World Cup. He has picked 16 wickets so far in 10 games at an impressive economy of 4.25. Jadeja picked 3 wickets against Australia in the league stage match and he picked 2 wickets against Pakistan on this ground.
India Key Bowlers Stats
India Team Form
India have not only won all ten of their games in the tournament but have won their last five games by margins of 70, 160, 243, 302 and 100 runs.
India Predicted Playing 11
Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul (wk), Suryakumar Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Siraj
Australia Team News & Playing 11
Australia Team News
After resting Glenn Maxwell and Mitchell Starc in their final group stage game, it was no surprise to see both players back in the XI for the semi-final victory over South Africa. No players reported any injuries after Thursday’s win and we expect to see the same team selected for this game.
Australia Team Key Players
- Travis Head- the 29 year old regained his place in the XI half-way through the group stage after recovering from injury and comes into the final after getting the Player of the Match Award in the semi-final. Scoring 192 runs in five matches, he has played some handy knocks in World Cup 2023.
- David Warner- the aggressive left-handed opener has hit only one half-century from his last four innings but he loves big games and hit four sixes in his 18-ball 29 on Friday. He has managed to score 528 runs in this World cup so far.
- Marnus Labuschagne - Labuschagne has scored 304 runs so far in 9 innings at an average of 33.77. With 71 runs off 83 deliveries, he was the highest run scorer against England on this ground. Labuschagne has scored 387 runs against India in 13 ODIs.
Australia Key Batsmen Stats
- Mitchell Starc- the left-arm pacer came back into the team for the semi-final and produced his best display of the tournament which included dismissing the South Africa skipper in the first over of the game. Picking up 13 wickets, he is third highest wicket taker for Australia in this edition of World Cup.
- Josh Hazlewood- the right-arm opening bowler is in excellent form and was the pick of Australia’s attack in the semi-final as he took 2/12 from 8 overs including 3 maidens. Hazlewood has picked up 14 wickets in this World Cup.
- Adam Zampa - Zampa was brought in by AUS for the Indian pitches which help the spinners and he has stood up on the occasion. Zampa is currently the 2nd leading wicket taker in the World Cup with 22 wickets in 10 matches. Indian batters have struggled against spinners in the past and the Australians would love to use Zampa against the IND batting line-up.
Australia Key Bowlers Stats
Australia Team Form
Australia were beaten by India and South Africa in their opening two matches of the tournament but come into the final targeting their ninth successive victory.
Australia Predicted Playing 11
Travis Head, David Warner, Mitchell Marsh, Steve Smith, Marnus Labuschagne, Glenn Maxwell, Josh Inglis (wk), Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins (c), Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood
India vs Australia Head to Head
These two teams have already played each other in four ODIs since the 22nd of September with India leading 3-1. The last clash was in Match 5 of the 2023 Cricket World Cup with India winning by 6 wickets in Chennai.
IND vs AUS Head to Head Stats in ODIs
Recommended: Detailed Head to Head Stats of IND vs AUS
India vs Australia Betting Odds
India are the favourites with the bookies to win this game and become the fourth team in a row to host and win the Cricket World Cup. They are 1.40 to get the victory with Australia the outsiders at 2.75.
Who will win India vs Australia ODI Match?
Australia are a very strong team with experienced players who have been there and done it in finals across their career before. However, India have been the top team throughout the competition and with both bat and ball we have them as the best side ahead of this final.
🏆 India vs Australia Prediction
It has been an excellent tournament with the knockout stage delivering a comfortable win for India and a very nervous victory for Australia. You can never write off Australia in a final as they relish the big stage and the likes of David Warner and Glenn Maxwell have the ability to take the game away with the bat. However, India have been so strong throughout the competition that we do not expect their performance level to drop in this final. Our prediction is for India to win on Sunday.
India to beat Australia in the final of World Cup 2023