Who will win DC vs SRH, IPL 2019?
Sunrisers Hyderabad have managed to sneak through to the playoffs of the Indian Premier League 2019 and they will now face Delhi Capitals in the Eliminator. The match will be played on May 8 at the Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium in Visakhapatnam. Live telecast is scheduled to begin at 7:30 PM local time.
DC vs SRH, IPL 2019: Where to watch/Live streaming
TV channels: Star Sports, BT Sport, Fox Sports, SuperSport, BeIN Sports, Sky Sport NZ
Live Streaming: Hotstar, Bet365, Foxtel, Yupp TV
DC vs SRH Toss Prediction
Vizag has hosted two completed T20 internationals and both have been won by the side batting second. Since the wicket is likely to remain the same across the forty overs and also taking the dew factor into account, the team that wins the toss here will probably opt to field first.
Read on for team previews, betting odds, betting tips and predictions for Delhi Capitals vs Sunrisers Hyderabad Eliminator, Indian Premier League 2019...
Delhi Capitals Team News & Playing 11
DC Team News
Delhi Capitals made a couple of tactical changes to their side for the last game against Rajasthan Royals; they brought Keemo Paul and Ishant Sharma in place of Chris Morris and Jagadeesha Suchith. Ishant bagged three wickets and is highly likely to be retained for this crucial Eliminator against the Sunrisers Hyderabad. Keemo, however, has gone wicketless in the last two matches and so the team management might consider bringing back Chris Morris. No further changes are expected in the Delhi Capitals line-up.
DC Key Players
Prithvi Shaw has had just one big knock in IPL 2019 and with him struggling to score runs at the top, the Delhi Capitals will be looking to the likes of Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer and Rishabh Pant to fire for them. Dhawan has been the team's most consistent performer with the bat, scoring 486 runs which includes five half-centuries. Iyer has an aggregate of 88 runs in the two earlier encounters against Sunrisers Hyderabad this season while Pant is coming off an unbeaten 38-ball 53 against Rajasthan Royals. With Kagiso Rabada having returned home with a back injury, the Capitals now rely mainly on Trent Boult and Ishant Sharma to take wickets upfront in the mandatory powerplay. Both took five wickets between them last time and they will be expected to rock SRH's top-order early on in the innings. Amit Mishra and Axar Patel have nine wickets apiece and the spin duo will have an important role to play in the middle overs.
DC Recent Form
Delhi Capitals have finished third on the IPL 2019 points table with 18 points having won nine and lost five out of their fourteen league-stage encounters. They have shown massive improvement this season and have qualified for the playoffs for the first time since 2012. The Capitals are high on confidence and are going into the Eliminator on the back of four wins in their last five games. They thrashed Rajasthan Royals by five wickets at home in their previous match, knocking them out of the tournament.
Delhi Capitals Predicted Playing 11
Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer (c), Rishabh Pant (wk), Colin Ingram, Sherfane Rutherford, Keemo Paul/Chris Morris, Axar Patel, Amit Mishra, Ishant Sharma, Trent Boult
Sunrisers Hyderabad Team News & Playing 11
SRH Team News
Sunrisers Hyderabad made just the one change in their line-up for the previous match against Royal Challengers Bangalore. They replaced Abhishek Sharma with Yusuf Pathan who did not trouble the scorers much. Pathan might be benched for the Eliminator and it will be interesting to see whether the selectors revert to young Abhishek or bring in Deepak Hooda for this do-or-die clash against the Delhi Capitals. The Sunrisers don’t seem to have any injuries concerns at the moment and we don’t expect them to make any more changes in their line-up.
SRH Key Players
In the absence of David Warner and Jonny Bairstow, Sunrisers Hyderabad now rely heavily on Martin Guptill, Kane Williamson, Manish Pandey and Vijay Shankar to do the bulk of scoring for them. Pandey has hit three half-centuries this IPL season and is having an average of close to 45. Williamson smashed an unbeaten 70 off 43 balls in the last game against Royal Challengers Bangalore and the skipper will be expected to lead from the front once again. Mohammad Nabi is the key man in this middle-order due to his ability to make noticeable contributions with the bat. The Afghan all-rounder also has eight wickets at an economy of 6.55 and he along with his fellow compatriot Rashid Khan who has 15 wickets at 6.46 will be the ones to watch out for with the ball. Khaleel Ahmed and Bhuvneshwar Kumar have also been impressive and the onus will be on them to apply pressure on Delhi in the first six overs. While Khaleel is Sunrisers' leading wicket-taker with 17 wickets, Bhuvneshwar has taken four wickets in the two reverse encounters against the Capitals.
SRH Recent Form
Courtesy of Kolkata Knight Riders' heavy defeat to Mumbai Indians, Sunrisers Hyderabad managed to make it past the league round of the IPL 2019. They finished fourth in the standings with 12 points after winning six and losing eight fixtures. Their campaign this year got off to a pretty good start with three wins from their first four games but they struggled to maintain consistency thereafter. The Sunrisers are going into the playoffs having lost four of their last five matches including the most recently played two against Mumbai Indians and Royal Challengers Bangalore respectively.
Sunrisers Hyderabad Predicted Playing 11
Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Martin Guptill, Manish Pandey, Kane Williamson (c), Vijay Shankar, Deepak Hooda/Abhishek Sharma, Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Khaleel Ahmed, Basil Thampi
Team Form in Last Five Matches (most recent first)
DC : W L W W W
SRH : L L W L L
DC vs SRH Head to Head
DC vs SRH Head to Head
Delhi Capitals and Sunrisers Hyderabad have played 14 matches against each other in the Indian Premier League with the scoreline 9-5 in favor of the latter.
Sunrisers Hyderabad have won three of their last four encounters against Delhi Capitals and they even did the double over them in the previous season.
The two teams have faced each other twice this season with both winning one game apiece. Sunrisers Hyderabad won the first of those encounters by five wickets at the Feroz Shah Kotla while the Delhi Capitals emerged victorious in the second by 39 runs at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium.
|Matches Played||DC Won||SRH Won||Tie||No Result|
DC vs SRH Betting Odds
Delhi Capitals are favorites to win the Eliminator of the Indian Premier League 2019 at 1.76 with Betrally and 1.72 with Betway and Bet365. Sunrisers Hyderabad begin as the bookmakers' underdogs for this match and are being offered at a higher price of 2 on Betway, 2.10 on Bet365 and 2.05 on Betrally.
DC Betway Odds
- DC to Win the Match: Delhi Capitals are 1.72 favorites with Betway to beat Sunrisers Hyderabad in the Eliminator.
- DC Top Batsman: Shikhar Dhawan is 3.25 with Betway to top-score for the Delhi Capitals while Shreyas Iyer and Rishabh Pant are 4 and 3.75 respectively.
- DC Top Bowler: Amit Mishra was the pick of the bowlers for Delhi Capitals in the last match and he is 3.60 with Betway to be the team's top bowler in this match as well. Trent Boult and Axar Patel can both be backed at 4.
SRH Betway Odds
- SRH to Win the Match: Sunrisers Hyderabad are the underdogs with Betway at 2 to win this match.
- SRH Top Batsman: Kane Williamson top-scored for Sunrisers Hyderabad last time and he is 4 with Betway to score the most runs for his side again. Martin Guptill is 3.60 while Manish Pandey is 3.75.
- SRH Top Bowler: Bhuvneshwar Kumar should be worth backing at 4.33 with Betway to finish with the best figures against Delhi Capitals. Rashid Khan and Khaleel Ahmed are 3 and 4.50 respectively.
DC Bet365 Odds
- DC to Win the Match: Delhi Capitals are favorites with Bet365 at 1.72 to win this IPL match.
- DC Batsman to Score a Fifty: Shikhar Dhawan is 3 with Bet365 to score his sixth half-century in the IPL 2019 while his opening partner Prithvi Shaw is 3.50.
SRH Bet365 Odds
- SRH to Win the Match: Bet365 has Sunrisers Hyderabad as outsiders at 2.10 to beat the Delhi Capitals.
- SRH Batsman to Score a Fifty: Kane Williamson, who smashed a quick-fire fifty in the last game, is 3.40 with Bet365 to crack back-to-back half-centuries while Martin Guptill is at 3.75.
DC Betrally Odds
- DC to Win the Match: Betrally is offering odds of 1.76 on Delhi Capitals to win the Eliminator against Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- Man of the Match: Amit Mishra was the Man of the Match in the last game against Rajasthan Royals for his outstanding bowling figures and the leg-spinner is 15 with Betrally to win the award again. Shikhar Dhawan is 9 while Rishabh Pant is 11.
SRH Betrally Odds
- SRH to Win the Match: Sunrisers Hyderabad are the underdogs at odds of 2.05 with Betrally to win the Eliminator.
- Man of the Match: Martin Guptill is 12 with Betrally to receive the Man of the Match award in this match. Kane Williamson found form last time and the skipper can be backed at 10.
DC vs SRH Prediction
Sunrisers Hyderabad have the upper hand in terms of head-to-head record with nine wins from fourteen games and three wins in the last four encounters. However, Delhi Capitals won quite convincingly in the most recent encounter and that should give them plenty of confidence heading into this match. They have gained momentum with their win over Rajasthan Royals while the Sunrisers have lost all their momentum after facing back-to-back defeats. Delhi's batting looks fine enough but their bowling lacks the quality that Hyderabad have with the likes of Rashid, Nabi, Khaleel and Bhuvneshwar. The Sunrisers have more experience of playing in the playoffs which is another reason why we are backing them to win the Eliminator and knock the Capitals out of the tournament.
Back Sunrisers Hyderabad to beat Delhi Capitals at 2 with Betway, 2.10 with Bet365 and 2.05 with Betrally.