AUS vs WI 3rd T20 Match Prediction & Betting Tips
Australia wrapped up a series win over West Indies at the earliest opportunity with a 34 runs win at the Adelaide Oval on Sunday evening. That means the score is now at 2-0, with the hosts also winning in Hobart, ahead of this final day-night T20I of the series at the Perth Stadium on Tuesday 13th February. Read on as we preview this game which begins at 16:00 local time in Perth.
Australia continued their dominance over West Indies and very strong home form with a convincing victory in Adelaide on Sunday and they now look set to add a 3-0 T20I series win to the 3-0 ODI win over the men from the Caribbean from earlier in the month.
After series wins over South Africa, India and England, West Indies will be disappointed to have already lost this T20 series. However, their batting has been impressive and some tighter bowling could give them a consolation victory in Perth.
Australia vs West Indies 3rd T20 Match Live Streaming
TV channels: This game will be broadcast on TNT Sports, Fox Sports, Seven Network and the Star Sports Network.
Live Streaming: You can live-stream the match on 7Plus and Disney+ Hotstar.
AUS vs WI Match Toss Prediction
Four of the last five T20Is at the Perth Stadium have been won by the team chasing in the second innings so we predict that both captains will choose to field first ahead of this match.
AUS vs WI Pitch Report
There will be good pace and bounce on this pitch in Western Australia. We can expect a par score of approaching 185-190 in this match.
Perth Weather Report
According to the forecast, this will be a very warm and pleasant evening in Perth. The temperature will fall from 33 degrees to 28 degrees across the contest.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds, and match prediction for Australia vs West Indies 3rd T20 2024
Australia Team News & Playing 11
AUS Team News
Jake Fraser-McGurk and Wes Agar have both been added to Australia’s squad ahead of this match with pace bowler Josh Hazlewood returning home to rest ahead of the tour of New Zealand later this month. Both Fraser-McGurk and Agar are expected to come straight into the team for this T20I.
AUS Key Players
- Glenn Maxwell - analysts and journalists are running out of appropriate words to describe how good the 35 year old is who appears to have recently gone up yet another level.
- Tim David - After ending the innings brilliantly in Hobart with 37 not out, the big hitting middle-order batter ended unbeaten in Adelaide with 31 not out from 14 balls.
- Marcus Stoinis - The all-rounder has developed a reputation for taking crucial wickets and he has already dismissed Shai Hope twice in this series.
- Jason Behrendorff - The tall left-arm pace bowler was unusually expensive in the last match and will want to work on that in this game in front of his home supporters in Perth.
AUS Team Form
Australia have now won three of their last five T20Is and are targeting their third successive win in the format in this match.
Australia Predicted Playing 11
David Warner, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Mitchell Marsh (c), Glenn Maxwell, Tim David, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade (wk), Jason Behredorff, Adam Zampa, Aaron Hardie, Wes Agar
West Indies Team News & Playing 11
WI Team News
Gone are the days of knee-jerk reactions to defeats from the West Indies selectors and we expect to see a mature approach to selection in Perth. Although they have lost the series, we expect to see them back the same players as they build towards the T20 World Cup.
WI Key Players
- Nicholas Pooran - The left hander will be disappointed to have been dismissed for 18 in both matches in the series so far although he did hit three sixes in Adelaide.
- Rovman Powell - The skipper hit five fours and four sixes in the second T20I and at one stage looked to be targeting another T20I century and taking his team to victory.
- Jason Holder - The tall bowling all-rounder has dismissed Australian opener Josh Inglis in both games in the series so far and he is always a threat in any format.
- Alzarri Joseph - The 27 year old pace bowler got the wicket of Australia skipper Mitchell Marsh in the last match and his strike-rate in T20Is is 13.8.
WI Team Form
In spite of their recent T20I series victories, West Indies have now lost four of their last five games in this format.
West Indies Predicted Playing 11
Brandon King, Johnson Charles, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Rovman Powell (c), Shai Hope, Andre Russell, Sherfane Rutherford, Romario Shepherd, Jason Holder, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph
Australia vs West Indies Head to Head
Sunday’s win in Adelaide means that Australia have now gone ahead of West indies 11-10 in the overall head to head. This looked very unlikely back in November 2021 before Australia won five in a row!
AUS vs WI Head to Head Stats in T20Is
Australia vs West Indies Betting Odds
Once again, Australia come into this final game of the series as favourites. They can be backed at 1.40 with West Indies at 2.87 to win in Perth.
Who will win Australia vs West Indies 3rd T20 Match?
West Indies have shown their power with the bat in this series but it has not been quite good enough to stay in the contest against Australia. We have the hosts as the top side once again in this final game.
🏆 Australia vs West Indies Prediction
We have seen two similar games in this series with West Indies not very far off Australia but ultimately falling short in the local conditions. With Australia resting Josh Hazlewood for this game, the teams could be closer in Perth but overall we are still expecting another win for Australia to secure the series 3-0.
Australia to beat West Indies in the 3rd T20