WI vs NZ 3rd T20 Match Prediction & Betting Tips
West Indies and New Zealand conclude their three-match IT20 series with the final game at Sabina Park on Sunday afternoon. The visitors have already won the series after winning the close opening game by 13 runs and Friday’s match by a large margin of 90 runs. Read on as we preview this match. This IT20 gets underway in Jamaica at 13:30 local time.
With a small squad of 15 players, and the games coming thick and fast, West Indies looked like a demoralised side on Friday. It will take a huge effort from the team management to get the players believing ahead of this game.
New Zealand are a ruthlessly efficient side across all-formats but are particularly strong at the moment in white ball cricket. They have strength in depth and real world class options in pretty much all departments.
West Indies vs New Zealand 3rd T20 Match Live Streaming
TV channels: This match will be shown live on BT Sport, ESPN Caribbean and Sky Sport NZ
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match via the FanCode App.
WI vs NZ Match Toss Prediction
New Zealand won the toss and chose to bat first on Friday. They succeeded in batting West Indies out of the contest in the first half of the match and we predict that both teams will want to do the same on Sunday.
WI vs NZ Pitch Report
There is some turn for the spin bowlers but it is not exaggerated and the ball does not misbehave on this surface. Batters will probably need to give themselves four or five balls to get used to the pace of the wicket.
Mostly sunny from start to finish of this game. The dark clouds and threatened rain from the second IT20 is not forecast ahead of this match.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds, and match prediction for West Indies vs New Zealand 3rd T20 Match 2022
West Indies Team News & Playing 11
WI Team News
In his post-match interview, Nicholas Pooran admitted that morale was low in the camp and there were not many options left when it came to picking players. We expect the home side to stick with the same XI that we saw on Friday with perhaps a change in the batting order.
WI Key Players
- Nicholas Pooran- the skipper’s struggles on Friday encapsulated those of his team-mates as he made one run from four balls before toe-edging a boundary ball to the keeper. He has the game to win an IT20 match on his own.
- Romario Shepherd- the bowling all-rounder took 1-26 from three overs and impressed with his death bowling. His final over included the wicket of Daryl Mitchell and leaked only seven runs.
- Obed McCoy- the tall left-arm fast bowler gave West Indies their only period of hope in the second IT20 when he dismissed Martin Guptill and Kane Williamson four balls apart.
WI Team Form
In the last game, West Indies had the look of a team who can’t wait for this series to end. Their fielding was slack and they do not currently look like a team who will challenge in the T20 World Cup.
West Indies Predicted Playing 11
Kyle Mayers, Shamarh Brooks, Nicholas Pooran (c) (wk), Rovman Powell, Shimron Hetmyer, Devon Thomas (wk), Romario Shepherd, Odean Smith, Jason Holder, Hayden Walsh, Obed McCoy
New Zealand Team News & Playing 11
NZ Team News
With the series in the bag, we expect to see a couple of changes to the side for the Black Caps ahead of Sunday’s game. We predict that Finn Allen will get an opportunity alongside Devon Conway at the top of the order and expect Lockie Ferguson to come back into the team with Trent Boult rested.
NZ Key Players
- Devon Conway- the keeper-batter is one of the best all-format batters in world cricket at the moment. His worst average is in IT20s where he averages 49.07.
- Mitchell Santner- the left-arm spinner has taken three wickets in both games at Sabina Park in this series. He is also a very talented batter should he be called upon.
- Glenn Phillips- the middle-order batter produced an exceptional performance with the bat and was equally as impressive in the out-field. His top two batting scores in IT20s have come against West Indies.
NZ Team Form
The Black Caps have won nine games on the bounce in IT20s and they look like a side capable of at least matching their 2021 run to the final in the T20 World Cup.
New Zealand Predicted Playing 11
Finn Allen, Devon Conway (wk), Kane Williamson (c), Glenn Phillips, Daryl Mitchell, James Neesham, Michael Bracewell, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Lockie Ferguson, Ish Sodhi
West Indies vs New Zealand Head to Head
West Indies have beaten New Zealand in only three games out of 18 since their first clash in this format in 2006. The last eight matches have resulted in two no-results and six wins for New Zealand.
WI vs NZ Head to Head Stats in T20
West Indies vs New Zealand Betting Odds
After cruising to victory in Friday’s game to win the series, New Zealand are favourites with the bookies to win this game and take the series 3-0.
Who will win West Indies vs New Zealand 3rd T20 Match?
New Zealand looked like a real strong operating unit in the second game of the series. Nearly all the batters and bowlers contributed in some way.
West Indies vs New Zealand Betting Rate
West Indies vs New Zealand Prediction
There was plenty of frustration and fatigue in the voice of Nicholas Pooran after Friday’s defeat whereas Kane Williamson had the air of a captain who believes wholeheartedly in the project of his side. West Indies have talent but not enough consistency and we expect the series to end with another win for New Zealand.