WI-W vs IRE-W T20 Match Prediction & Betting Tips, Womens T20 World Cup 2023
The 13th match of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup is all set to take place between West Indies Women and Ireland Women at the Newlands Cricket ground in Cape Town on February 17th, 2023. The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:00 local time.
West Indies Women find themselves languishing at the bottom of the Group 2 table after being blown away by England Women and India Women. They are currently placed at number 4 position with a dismal-looking net run rate of – 1.542. Although it is relatively early to write them off, WI-W have not had the best outing in their last 5 T20I games and that would certainly be playing on their mind big time ahead of this fixture.
On the other hand, Ireland Women also find themselves in a similar position and are currently placed one spot behind of West Indies Women in the Group 2 table. They too have been castled by England Women in their opening game and suffered a heavy defeat at the hands of Pakistan Women in yesterday’s fixture. They are right at the bottom of the points table with an embarrassing NRR of – 2.922.
Judging by the reputation of these sides, WI-W appear far more formidable than Ire-W. But in this year’s T20 World Cup edition, both teams find themselves neck and neck sitting at the bottom of the table. WI-W have played more T20I compared to Ire-W and have a decent-looking win percentage of 50.64%. They certainly appear to be the most experienced side on paper compared to Ire-W. However, they must address their bowling woes ahead of this fixture as it was their bowling department that let them against England Women and India Women.
Ire-W on the other hand are a slightly inexperienced T20 side. They have played 100 T20I and have won only 36 of them. Their win percentage in T20I is nowhere near WI-W which is at an unbelievable low of 36%. In the opening game, Ire-W’s batting faltered badly which prevented them from posting a competitive score. In their second game against Pak-W, they were blown away on all fronts as they let Pak-W get away with a competitive total. In the end, their batting failed to offer any sort of resistance and were bundled out cheaply for just 95. in the first will have to address issues pertaining to their middle order as their middle order failed to offer any sort of resistance to the English bowlers which prevented them from posting a competitive total. Moreover, With both sides desperate for a win to stay alive in this competition, our prediction favours WI-W to edge past Ire-W.
West Indies vs Ireland Women T20 Match Live Streaming
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Star Sports, SuperSport, Sky Sport Cricket, Gazi TV, PTV Sports, Fox Sports and ESPN+
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, SuperSport App and Hotstar.
WI-W vs IRE-W Match Toss Prediction
Out of 28 T20 matches played at this venue, 9 have been won by the team batting first, and the team chasing has won 17 times. The track gets better as time progresses and is favourable for the team bowling first. If common sense prevails, the skipper winning the toss might want to bowl first.
WI-W vs IRE-W, Newlands Pitch Report
The pitch at Newlands is a batting friendly surface and we have seen teams register big totals. Also, the pitch has something to offer to slow bowlers as well. As the surface wears off, it can aid the spinners who can extract proper turn and bounce to keep the batters guessing.
Capetown Weather Report
The weather is expected to remain cloudy throughout the day with maximum and minimum temperature of 24 C and 18 C respectively. However, chances of rain at this stage is barely at 10%, it is certainly going to be a very windy day as the breeze is expected to blow in excess of 43 km/h.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds, and match prediction for West Indies vs Ireland Women, Womens T20 World Cup 2023
WI Women Team News & Playing 11
WI-W Team News
WI-W batters looked very assured at the crease in their opening game but it was their middle and lower order that was in total disarray. We anticipate seeing a few changes especially in the bowling department ahead of this fixture.
WI-W Key Players
- Hayley Matthews - Matthews has been the highest run scorer for WI-W in the last year alone. She has amassed 360 runs in just 15 innings at a healthy average of just around 25. She looked in fine touch against Eng-W where she scored 42 (32) at the top of the order providing her side with some sort of stability before they lost their way in the middle. Besides, she has registered a threatening career best of 107* so we can surely expect her to fire this time around.
- Shemaine Campbelle – Shermaine is amongst the leading run scorer for WI-W since last year. In her opening game, she emerged as the second-highest run-scorer for WI-W after Matthews scored 34 off 37 balls. She even showed her maturity as a batter against Ind-W where she held one end together and complied a useful innings of 30 in 36 balls. Although her strike rate may be on the lower side, she definitely has the ability to play the anchoring innings when the chips are down.
- Chinelle Henry - Henry bowls with a superb economy rate of just under 6.7 RPO and maintains a lethal strike rate of 27.3 She shined with the ball in the opening game against Eng-W where she picked up two important scalps early on. She was the only bowler in that game who looked threatening and we surely expect her to carry the same form to this fixture as well.
WI-W Team Form
WI-W have now lost both the games of the Women’s T20 World Cup 2023. However, they have lost 5 T20I in a row and would be itching to end their losing streak.
Recommended: Place bets on Cricket with Dafabet Mobile App
WI Women Predicted Playing 11
Hayley Matthews (c), Stafanie Taylor, Shemaine Campbelle, Shabika Gajnabi, Chinelle Henry, Chedean Nation, Afy Fletcher, Cherry-Ann Fraser, Rashada Shieka Williams (WK), Shakera Selman, Aaliyah Alleyne
IRE Women Team News & Playing 11
IRE-W Team News
Ire-W have been beaten comprehensively in this year’s Women’s T20 World Cup by Eng-W and Pak-W. We can surely anticipate seeing some forced changes in all departments leading up to this upcoming fixture.
IRE-W Key Players
- Gaby Lewis – Gaby Lewis is arguably one of the best batters in the Ire-W side. She has been scoring runs on a consistent basis and has delivered on occasions when it mattered the most. Her heroics against Pak-W where she scored 71(46) helped Ire-W clinch the match and also the series in a scintillating fashion. She started her world cup campaign on a steady note and got some useful runs up the order against Eng-W. She currently averaged 26.37 with the bat and has a formidable strike rate of just under 120.
- Arlene Kelly – Kelly has emerged as the highest wicket-taker for Ire-W in recent times. Last year alone, she bagged 22 T20I wickets in just 17 innings which came at a record-breaking average of 15.40. Her strike rate and economy rate of 15.6 and 5.9 respectively can send some chills down the spine of any world-class batter. Her contribution with the ball helped Ire-W register a famous series win against Pak-W in their backyard last year in November. With some notable achievements under her belt, we expect Kelly to showcase her prowess with the ball yet.
- Orla Prendergast – The young 20-year-old has a bright future ahead of her. At such a young age she is now one of the top run-getters for Ire-W. She currently has a phenomenal T20 batting average of 22.59 coupled with a robust strike rate of over 122. Known for her all-around abilities with the bat and the ball she is truly an asset for her side.
IRE-W Team Form
Although Ire-W have managed to register 2 wins in their last 5 T20I games, they have been jolted pretty badly in the ongoing edition of the Women’s T20 World Cup. The heavy defeats would certainly be playing on their minds and any possibility of a fierce resistance appears dim at this stage.
IRE Women Predicted Playing 11
Amy Hunter, Gaby Lewis, Orla Prendergast, Eimear Richardson, Rebecca Stokell, Laura Delany (c), Mary Waldron (WK), Louise Little, Arlene Kelly, Cara Murray,
WI Women vs IRE Women Head to Head
Both teams have clashed on 4 occasions and WI-W have convincingly triumphed over Ire-W. Ire-W are yet to register their maiden T20I win against the resilient WI-W.
WI-W vs IRE-W Head to Head Stats in T20s
WI Women vs IRE Women Betting Odds
After suffering an embarrassing loss in their preceding fixtures, both teams are eyeing a win. With that being said, we expect this to be a very tight contest. WI-W have a very impressive T20 world cup record compared to their rivals. They have been crowned as the champions back in 2016 and have made it to every semi-final round post 2010.
Recommended: Best Cricket betting odds to place your bets with top online betting sites
Who will win West Indies vs Ireland Women T20 Match?
Meanwhile, Ire-W does not have such a prolific T20 world cup record. They have had to qualify on numerous occasions to make their presence felt in several T20 World Cup editions. Even after qualifying, they would get blown away, leading to their early exit. Furthermore, they have suffered 63 defeats in T20I and their win percentage is at an embarrassing low of 36%/
If we go by the performance of both sides in several T20 world cup editions, a win for WI-W is highly probable.
Leave Your Comment
We do our best to give you most accurate & useful match predictions and would love to hear from you. Let us know if we need to improve. Share your own predictions for the matches. Let's talk: