Vantaa CC vs Greater Helsinki, FPL T20
Out-of-form, bottom-of-the-league Greater Helsinki taken on inconsistent Vantaa CC in their latest Finnish T20 Premier League fixture. The match takes place at the Tikkurila Cricket Ground on August 1 and the live action gets underway at 17:30 local time.
Greater Helsinki lost to Helsinki CC last time out after their wayward bowling saw them thrashed in 11.1 overs despite defending 154/4. Ziaur Rehman has scored 89 of them and tops the batting charts which highlights quite clearly where the Markhors’ problem is – bowling. They failed to defend a smaller total when they last faced Vantaa too, suffering a three-wicket defeat in the final over.
Vantaa have three wins from nine completed games in total, but were crushed in wet conditions against Empire CC Lions last time out. They restricted the Lions to 95/8 from 17 overs on the low, slow Tikkurila pitch but were then bowled out for 55 in 13 overs in reply to suffer a heavy defeat.
Vantaa CC vs Greater Helsinki Live streaming
Live streaming: European Cricket Network
Batting first seems more preferable, though Greater Helsinki have not defended totals well anyway.
A break in the weather through Saturday will hold into the evening, with partly cloudly but otherwise warn and dry conditions forecast.
Low scores at Vantaa so far this season reflect the slow nature of the wicket at Tikkurila.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds and match prediction for Vantaa CC vs Greater Helsinki, Finnish Premier League.
Vantaa Cricket Club Team News & Playing 11
VCC Team News
Manoj Mahamada and Madura Hettiarachilage were both back up the order last time out, with Fernando Milan missing out, but Vantaa’s batting problems remain. Ursan Tavernier could be pushed up the order this time and Ranuka Shiran Fernando may return to the top of the order.
VCC Key Players
- Ameer Hamsa Warsha: More expensive last time out but still moved to 13 wickets for the season, breaking a key partnership on his way to 1-22.
- Sanjeewa Peththahandi: Continued his bowling form with tidy figures of 1-18 last time out. He now has 11 in total, with seven coming in his last three games.
- Ursan Tavernier: It sums up some of Vantaa’s issues that their top-scoring batsman is still down the order. He merits a place in the top order.
VCC Team Form
Vantaa have been unable to back up their low-scoring win against GYM Helsinki Gymkhana, having lost to the top two teams due to poor batting performances since. Against SKK, they needed 92 to win and were bowled out for 79, while they were 55 all out in reply to a rain-reduced 95/8 last time out too.
Vantaa Cricket Club Predicted Playing 11
Ranuka Shiran Fernando (c), Ursan Tavernier, Ameer Hamsa Warsha, Ravi Sanjeewa, Nipuna Patabendi, Chanaka Jayasinghe (wk), Nalaka Hangamuwe, Manoj Mahamada, Madura Hettiarachilage, Sanjeewa Peththahandi, Kapeesan Rajah
Greater Helsinki CC Team News & Playing 11
GHC Team News
The batting was not an issue last time out, but there could be some bowling changes after they were completely destroyed with the ball. Kashif Muhammad should be more prominent this time, but Sohail Amin’s place is likely to be in danger after he was wayward and conceded 51 from three wicketless overs.
GHC Key Players
- Ziaur Rehman: Hammered 89 from 65 balls last time out to move to 280 runs and the top of the batting charts. He hit four fours and six sixes in his innings last time out.
- Ghulfam Nazir: A golden duck, having come in after the big partnership last time out, was not a fair reflection of his usual excellent form.
- Naveed Shahid: The captain was expensive last time out but his good all-round form has brough 170 runs and 14 wickets and neither should be sniffed at – particularly given the team’s overall performances.
GHC Team Form
The heavy defeat to Helsinki CC last time out means they have now lost four in a row and eight of their ten completed matches this season. Ziaur Rehman got them off to an excellent start last time out, hitting 89 from 65 balls in a total of 154/4 but some wayward bowling meant Helsinki only needed 11.1 overs to seal a seven-wicket win.
Greater Helsinki CC Predicted Playing 11
Ziaur Rehman, Ali Waris, Ghulfam Nazir, Hamzah Mukhtar, Abdullah Attiqe (wk), Adnan Ahmad, Naveed Shahid (c), Asad Ijaz, Kashif Muhammad, Rizwan Ali, Pranjay Arya, Parveen Kumar Garhwal
Vantaa CC to beat Greater Helsinki