Surrey vs Kent Match Prediction & Betting Tips, T20 Blast 2023
Surrey take on Kent in the South Group on Friday evening at the Oval, London. Surrey finished top of the South Group in the 2022 Vitality Blast before losing to Yorkshire Vikings at the quarter final stage. Kent finished bottom of the South Group last year but won their opening game on Wednesday. Read on as we preview this match. This South East England derby gets underway in London at 18:30 local time.
Surrey went to Lord’s on Thursday and were way too strong for Middlesex as they cruised to a 73 run victory. There will be a big crowd backing them in this Friday night fixture.
Kent were the worst team in the South Group last year but they have shown more focus and application in their first game this season. They will not be scared of a noisy crowd at the Oval in this game.
Surrey vs Kent T20 Live Streaming
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Sky Go.
SUR vs KET Match Toss Prediction
Teams batting second have a 58% winning rate at The Oval and we predict that both teams will want to field first ahead of this game.
SUR vs KET Pitch Report
Bowlers always enjoy showing off their skills on this pitch with long boundaries and a hard wicket. We expect a par score of no higher than 165.
London Weather Report
Sunny conditions and clear skies are forecast across Friday evening at The Oval. However, it will not be overly warm with the temperature likely to drop to 14 - 15 degrees by the end of the fixture.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds, and match prediction for Surrey vs Kent, Vitality T20 Blast 2023
Surrey Team News & Playing 11
SUR Team News
With captain Chris Jordan still involved in the Indian Premier League with Mumbai Indians, Sam Curran took over the captaincy for the opening game and we expect him to do so again in this match. Surrey have a strong squad but we are not anticipating any changes ahead of this match of T20 Blast 2023.
SUR Key Players
- Will Jacks - The 24 year old has a strike-rate of 157.94 in this format. He is not only a brilliant batter but also a very useful bowler and took 3-17 on Thursday.
- Sam Curran - Only a couple of months ago, Sam Curran had never captained a side but he has skippered Punjab Kings and Surrey since. The all-rounder hit 68 but went wicketless against Middlesex.
- Sean Abbott - The Australian bowling all-rounder has taken 154 wickets in the Big Bash League and no one else has more. He began this year’s T20 Blast by dismissing Pieter Malan.
SUR Team Form
Surrey lost two successive matches at the end of the 2022 Vitality Blast but were way too strong for Middlesex with bat and ball on Thursday.
Recommended: Place bets on Cricket with Dafabet Mobile App
Surrey Predicted Playing 11
Will Jacks, Sunil Narine, Sam Curran (c), Tom Curran, Jamie Overton, Laurie Evans, Jamie Smith (wk), Jordan Clark, Sean Abbott, Gus Atkinson, Tom Lawes
Kent Team News & Playing 11
KET Team News
There was a Kent debut for Australian pace bowler Kane Richardson in Wednesday’s impressive home victory over Gloucestershire on Wednesday. The Spitfires have already named an unchanged squad for this game and the same XI are expected to take the field.
KET Key Players
- Joe Denly - The former England international played within himself against Gloucestershire with 35 not out from 31 balls. He is capable of playing more aggressively if required.
- Kane Richardson - The Australian debutant took two wickets in two balls to end Gloucestershire’s innings and has taken 214 wickets in T20 cricket across his career.
- Michael Hogan - The opening bowler dismissed both opening batters in Wednesday’s win. He will enjoy the pace and bounce on offer at The Oval in this game.
KET Team Form
Kent got off to an excellent start against Gloucestershire and were far stronger with both bat and ball on Wednesday night.
Kent Predicted Playing 11
Tawanda Muyeye, Daniel Bell-Drummond, Joe Denly, Sam Billings (c) (wk), Jordan Cox, Jack Leaning, Joey Evison, George Linde, Grant Stewart, Kane Richardson, Michael Hogan
Surrey vs Kent Head to Head
Surrey lead the overall head to head 20-18 and also have an excellent record in recent games with a 4-2 lead from the last six matches.
SUR vs KET Head to Head Stats in T20's
Surrey vs Kent Betting Odds
Kent got off to an excellent start against Gloucestershire but Surrey have a fantastic group of players and we expect them to be the strongest with the bat and the ball in this clash.
Recommended: Best Cricket betting odds to place your bets with top online betting sites
Surrey vs Kent Prediction
A Friday evening at The Oval is always a great atmosphere and the noise will be at high levels with plenty of Kent fans coming along against the Surrey supporters. The Spitfires produced an excellent performance against Gloucestershire but will need to do the same in this game to give Surrey a contest. Surrey have many top T20 players and we are backing them to win.