SKK Stadin ja Keravan Kriketti vs Empire CC Lions (Finnish Premier League
Table-topping SKK Rapids can seal top spot in the Finnish T20 Premier League if they beat second-placed Empire CC Lions – the only team they have lost to so far this season. The match, at the Kerava National Cricket Ground, takes place on July 31 and the live action starts at 18:00 local time.
The Rapids have won nine of their ten completed matches so far this season and with three league fixtures remaining they are top of the group by six points from Empire. They maintained their lead last time out with a rain-reduced win against FPC, which means victory in this game will secure top spot ahead of the play-offs.
Empire CC Lions are the only team to have beaten the Rapids this season, after a thrilling, low-scoring win when they last met. Their form had dipped, with two defeats ending a long unbeaten run, but they got back on track with their own rain-reduced win last time out to move to eight wins in 11 matches.
SKK Stadin ja Keravan Kriketti vs Empire CC Lions Live streaming
Live streaming: European Cricket Network
Empire CC Lions won fielding first last time they met, but the preference is usually to bat first.
The weather should improve in Kerava for this match, with a mostly sunny evening forecast.
The Kerava wicket has started to lean more towards the batsmen and some more good weather will help in that regard.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds and match prediction for SKK Stadin ja Keravan Kriketti vs Empire CC Lions (Finnish Premier League).
SKK Rapids Team News & Playing 11
SKK Team News
Jordan O’Brien was available again last time out, but Peter Gallagher retained his spot at the top of the batting order, opening with Nathan Collins. The three, if available, will be the top three though. Missing last time out was key all-rounder Jake Goodwin, and the Rapids will be keen to welcome him back for this game against their nearest rivals so far.
SKK Key Players
- Nathan Collins: Set the tone last time out, hitting 26* from 16 balls at the top of the order and he now has 228 runs so far this season.
- Jordan O’Brien: A breezy innings last time out kept the Rapids ticking over and he now has 142 rims from the six matches he has been available for.
- Atif Rasheed: Took his 11th wicket of the season last time out and then finished the job with the bat too to continue his all-round form.
SKK Team Form
SKK Rapids are unbeaten in their last six matches, having seen off Vantaa in a low-scoring match thanks to a strong all-round performance from Peter Gallagher, before their rain-reduced win against FPC. In an eight-over game, SKK were set 71 to win but Nathan Collins top-scored as they got home with seven balls to spare for the loss of just two wickets.
SKK Rapids Predicted Playing 11
Nathan Collins, Peter Gallagher, Jordan O’Brien, Ponniah Vijendran, Atif Rasheed, Jake Goodwin, Raja Waqas, Qaiser Siddique (c), Areeb Quadir (wk), Yathu Vijayaratnam, Kamalraj Chandrasekeran
Empire Cricket Club Team News & Playing 11
ECC Team News
Jonathan Scamans returned last time out, though Vaanraj Padhaal missed out – prompting Empire to promote Ravi Kumar to open the batting with Amjad Sher. For such a key game at the top, however, this is the one they need to be at full strength for.
ECC Key Players
- Jonathan Scamans: Back in the team last time out and batted steadily to move to 247 runs for the season, playing a key role with the bat so far.
- Amjad Sher: The captain opened the batting last time out and moved to 144 runs for the season, before taking 2-11 with the ball – his 15th and 16th wickets so far.
- Raaz Mohammad: There is often very little to choose between him and Mahesh Tambe in an excellent bowling attack, but his 3-12 last time out means he now has 19 wickets for the season.
ECC Team Form
Empire CC fell short with two poor displays in a 45-run loss to Helsinki and a 43-run defeat to GYM Helsinki Gymkhana, in which they were bowled out for just 88. Last time out, they were unconvincing with the bat as they posted 95/8 on a slow wicket, in wet conditions, against Vantaa but their bowlers came through for them. Raaz Mohammad (3-12), Mahesh Tambe (3-6) and Amjad Sher (2-11) led the way as they bowled Vantaa out for 55.
Empire Cricket Club Predicted Playing 11
Vaanraj Padhaal, Amjad Sher (c), Jonathan Scamans (wk), Yasir Ali, Shoaib Qureshi, Mahesh Tambe, Raaz Mohammad, Kushagra Bhatnagar, Muhammad Imran, Ravi Kumar, Abdul Ghafar
SKK Stadin ja Keravan Kriketti to beat Empire CC Lions