NZ-W vs BAN-W Match Prediction & Betting Tips, Womens T20 World Cup 2023
Match 12 of the 2023 Women’s T20 World Cup brings New Zealand Women and Bangladesh Women together in Cape Town on Friday afternoon. Bangladesh Women have been beaten by Australia Women and Sri Lanka Women with New Zealand suffering heavy defeats to Australia Women and South Africa Women. Read on as we preview this Group 1 match. This game gets underway at Newlands at 15:00 local time.
With a talented bowling attack and plenty of experience in their batting line-up, New Zealand Women have massively underperformed in this competition. They have an excellent record over Bangladesh Women.
Bangladesh Women have lost both games but have not embarrassed themselves in either contest. Against a low on confidence New Zealand Women side they will think they have a chance.
New Zealand vs Bangladesh Women T20 Match Live Streaming
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Star Sports, SuperSport, Sky Sport Cricket, Gazi TV, PTV Sports, Fox Sports and ESPN+
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, SuperSport App and Hotstar.
NZ-W vs BAN-W Match Toss Prediction
New Zealand Women have fielded first in both of their games with Bangladesh Women batting first in their two matches. Our prediction is that Bangladesh Women will be batting first irrespective of who wins the toss.
NZ-W vs BAN-W, Newlands Pitch Report
It is a good pitch in Cape Town where all types of bowlers have picked up wickets so far in the tournament. A par score will be around 155 - 160.
Capetown Weather Report
It will be mainly cloudy in Cape Town across this game although there will still be some sunny spells. The forecast is for a top temperature of 24 degrees during the match.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds, and match prediction for New Zealand vs Bangladesh, Womens T20 World Cup 2023
NZ Women Team News & Playing 11
NZ-W Team News
There will undoubtedly be calls for changes to the batting line-up after New Zealand Women were dismissed for 76 by Australia Women and 67 by New Zealand Women. However, there are not many viable options in the squad and we expect the order to be changed rather than any new players.
NZ-W Key Players
- Suzie Bates - After a golden duck against Australia Women, the talented right-handed opener lasted only one additional ball against South Africa Women. We expect her to find some form in this game.
- Sophie Devine - The captain dropped down the order to number five and top scored in the heavy defeat to South Africa Women. We expect to see her back at the top of the order in this match.
- Lea Tahuhu- Although it has been a very disappointing start to the tournament for her team, the right-arm medium fast bowler has impressed by picking up five wickets already.
NZ-W Team Form
New Zealand Women have been beaten by 97 runs by Australia Women and 65 runs by South Africa Women so far in the Women's T20 World Cup 2023.
Recommended: Place bets on Cricket with Dafabet Mobile App
NZ Women Predicted Playing 11
Sophie Devine (c), Suzie Bates, Bernadine Bezuidenhout (wk), Georgia Plimmer, Amelia Kerr, Maddy Green, Hayley Jensen, Lea Tahuhu, Jess Kerr, Eden Carson, Fran Jonas
BAN Women Team News & Playing 11
BAN-W Team News
There were two changes in the Bangladesh Women XI from their opening game defeat to Sri Lanka Women and their second loss to Australia Women. Out went Lata Mondal and Jahanara Alam with Rumana Ahmed and Fatima Khatun coming into the team.
BAN-W Key Players
- Nigar Sultana - The skipper has scored 85 runs so far in the 2023 Women’s T20 World Cup. She hit seven fours and a six in Match 8.
- Shorna Akter - The 16 year old all-rounder caught the eye against Australia Women. She hit the second highest score for her side and got the big wicket of Alyssa Healy.
- Marufa Akter - the 18 year old medium fast bowler took 3-23 against Sri Lanka Women in Match 5 and showed it was no fluke by also dismissing Beth Mooney against Australia Women.
BAN-W Team Form
Bangladesh Women have been comfortably beaten in both of their matches so far in the competition and have not won a game in this format since October.
BAN Women Predicted Playing 11
Shamima Sultana (wk), Murshida Khatun, Sobhana Mostary, Nigar Sultana (c), Shorna Akter, Rumana Ahmed, Ritu Moni, Nahida Akter, Marufa Akter, Fahima Khatun, Salma Khatun
NZ Women vs BAN Women Head to Head
New Zealand Women and Bangladesh Women have gone head to head four times previously in this format with New Zealand Women winning all four contests. They met in a three-match series last December.
NZ-W vs BAN-W Head to Head Stats in T20s
NZ Women vs BAN Women Betting Odds
Although it has been two defeats each for New Zealand Women and Bangladesh Women so far, the bookies have New Zealand Women as the firm favourites.
Recommended: Best Cricket betting odds to place your bets with top online betting sites
Who will win New Zealand vs Bangladesh Women T20 Match?
With the exception of Marufa Akter and Nigar Sultana, Bangladesh Women’s players have looked under the required level in the competition. Although New Zealand Women have also been poor, their players have stronger records.