Who will win MI vs CSK, IPL 2019?
The league stage of the IPL 2019 is done and dusted and now it is time for the playoffs. Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings have finished in the top two and will, therefore, do battle in the Qualifier 1 which is scheduled to be played on May 7 at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai. Live telecast of the match will begin at 7:30 PM local time.
MI vs CSK, IPL 2019: Where to watch/Live streaming
TV channels: Star Sports, BT Sport, Fox Sports, SuperSport, BeIN Sports, Sky Sport NZ
Live Streaming: Hotstar, Bet365, Foxtel, Yupp TV
MI vs CSK Toss Prediction
Teams normally prefer to chase after winning the toss in the twenty-over format as the pitch tends to remain the same throughout the course of the game. The Qualifier 1 should be no different and the toss-winning skipper will probably elect to bowl first, even though four of the last six matches at this venue have been won by the side batting first.
Read on for team previews, betting odds, betting tips and predictions for Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings Qualifier 1, Indian Premier League 2019...
Mumbai Indians Team News & Playing 11
MI Team News
Mumbai Indians made a couple of changes to their side for the previous fixture against Kolkata Knight Riders, replacing Evin Lewis with Mitchell McClenaghan and Barinder Sran with Ishan Kishan. McClenaghan returned impressive figures with the ball, but due to the slowish nature of the Chepauk suface, the Kiwi fast bowler could make way for a third spin option in Anukul Roy. That would also allow them to play an extra overseas player and they might prefer the power-hitting of Evin Lewis at the expense of Ishan Kishan.
MI Key Players
Quinton de Kock and Rohit Sharma are the in-form batsmen for Mumbai Indians at the top of the order. de Kock has hit four half-centuries this IPL and is one of the tournament's top five batsmen with 492 runs. Skipper Rohit struck an unbeaten 55 in the last game against Kolkata Knight Riders and he even smashed a 48-ball 67 in the reverse encounter at this ground. The explosive duo of Hardik Pandya and Kieron Pollard are the danger men in this middle-order. Pandya is having an incredible strike-rate of 197.35 and he has also played a massive role with the ball as well, picking up 14 wickets in as many matches. Jasprit Bumrah, however, has been Mumbai's star performer with the ball. The fast bowler has taken 17 wickets this season at a remarkable economy of 6.78. He together with Lasith Malinga make for a potent pace attack that is looking even more threatening after the inclusion of Mitchell McClenaghan who did a good job last time. Krunal Pandya too will be a challenging bowler to face on this kind of a surface.
MI Recent Form
Mumbai Indians crushed Kolkata Knight Riders by nine wickets in the final game of the league stage on Sunday to finish atop the IPL 2019 points table with nine wins and five losses. MI have been consistent right through the tournament and they will be going into the playoffs having won five of their last seven fixtures. They have played seven matches away from home this season out of which they have won four and lost three.
Mumbai Indians Predicted Playing 11
Quinton de Kock (wk), Rohit Sharma (c), Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan/Evin Lewis, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Kieron Pollard, Mitchell McClenaghan/Anukul Roy, Rahul Chahar, Jasprit Bumrah, Lasith Malinga
Chennai Super Kings Team News & Playing 11
CSK Team News
Chennai Super Kings have been dealt an injury blow as Kedar Jadhav has been ruled out of the remainder of the 2019 Indian Premier League with a shoulder injury. The all-rounder hurt his left shoulder while fielding during Sunday's clash against Kings XI Punjab at Mohali. Murali Vijay, who featured in the game against Mumbai Indians at this very ground on April 26, is likely to replace Jadhav in the playing eleven. CSK could open their batting with Vijay and Faf du Plessis while pushing Shane Watson down the order. However, the hosts could also consider bringing in Dhruv Shorey and bat him in the middle-order if they do not feel the need to tinker with their current opening combination.
CSK Key Players
While Faf du Plessis and Suresh Raina are the key men in CSK's top-order batting, MS Dhoni and Ambati Rayudu are the ones to watch out for in the middle-order. The hosts will be relieved to see Raina back amongst the runs. The veteran is coming off back-to-back fifties and will look to extend his good run of form. du Plessis played a brilliant knock of 96 from 55 balls in the last game against Kings XI Punjab while skipper Dhoni has scored the most runs for his side - 368 runs which includes three half-centuries. Imran Tahir has shone with the ball this IPL with 21 wickets at a very impressive economy of 6.50. The South African leg-spinner is the tournament's second-best bowler and he has been the x-factor for the Chennai Super Kings in terms of bowling. Harbhajan Singh, who snared a three-wicket haul last time, will be another big threat at this ground. The left-arm spin of Ravindra Jadeja will also be very handy in these conditions.
CSK Recent Form
Chennai Super Kings have finished second on the IPL 2019 leaderboard with nine wins and five losses from their fourteen matches. They secured 18 points during the league round - the same as Mumbai Indians - but ended up one place behind them due to inferior net run-rate. CSK had a terrific start this year with seven wins from their first eight games. However, they are coming into this first Qualifier having lost four of their last six matches.
Chennai Super Kings Predicted Playing 11
Murali Vijay/Dhruv Shorey, Faf du Plessis, Shane Watson, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni (c/wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Harbhajan Singh, Deepak Chahar, Imran Tahir
Team Form in Last Five Matches (most recent first)
MI : W W L W L
CSK : L W L W L
MI vs CSK Head to Head
MI vs CSK Head to Head
Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings have now played 28 matches against each other with the former winning 16 of those and the latter 12. The two teams have faced each other twice in the Champions League Twenty20 with both winning once each.
Mumbai Indians have won six of the last seven matches they have played against Chennai Super Kings including both the encounters of the ongoing season.
Mumbai Indians registered a 37-run victory in the season's first clash at the Wankhede Stadium and won the second encounter at the MA Chidambaram Stadium even more convincingly by 46 runs.
|Matches Played||MI Won||CSK Won||Tie||No Result|
MI vs CSK Betting Odds
Mumbai Indians are favorites to win the Qualifier 1 with Betrally at 1.83 while Chennai Super Kings are the underdogs at 1.95. Both the teams are 1.83 with Betway and 1.90 with Bet365 to win this match.
MI Betway Odds
- MI to Win the Match: Mumbai Indians are 1.83 favorites with Betway to win the Qualifier 1.
- MI Top Batsman: Quinton de Kock, the leading run-getter for Mumbai Indians, is 3.60 with Betway to top-score for them against CSK. Rohit Sharma is 3.25 while Suryakumar Yadav is up 4.75.
- MI Top Bowler: Jasprit Bumrah has been Mumbai's best bowler this IPL and he can be backed at 3.25 with Betway to be the top bowler for his side. Lasith Malinga is 3.75 while Krunal Pandya is up at 5.50.
CSK Betway Odds
- CSK to Win the Match: Chennai Super Kings are 1.83 with Betway to win the Qualifier 1.
- CSK Top Batsman: Faf du Plessis is looking in good form and seems worth backing at 3.60 with Betway to score the most runs for CSK in this match. Suresh Raina and MS Dhoni are 4.33 and 5 respectively.
- CSK Top Bowler: Imran Tahir has been very consistent this season and the leg-spinner is 3 with Betway to finish with the best figures for CSK. Dwayne Bravo and Harbhajan Singh are 3.25 and 4.50 respectively.
MI Bet365 Odds
- MI to Win the Match: Bet365 is offering odds of 1.90 on Mumbai Indians to win this IPL match.
- MI Batsman to Score a Fifty: Rohit Sharma, who smashed 55 not-out in the last game against Kolkata Knight Riders, is 3 with Bet365 to hit a fifty in this match. Quinton de Kock is also being offered at the same price.
CSK Bet365 Odds
- CSK to Win the Match: CSK find themselves at 1.90 with Bet365 to beat Mumbai Indians.
- CSK Batsman to Score a Fifty: Faf du Plessis and Suresh Raina both cracked half-centuries last time against Kings XI Punjab and they are 3.25 and 3.40 respectively with Bet365 to make 50+ scores against Mumbai Indians.
MI Betrally Odds
- MI to Win the Match: Mumbai Indians are favorites with Betrally at 1.83 to beat Chennai Super Kings.
- MI Highest Opening Partnership: The pair of Rohit Sharma and Quinton de Kock is being offered at 1.90 on Betrally to post the highest opening partnership of the match.
CSK Betrally Odds
- CSK to Win the Match: Betrally has Chennai Super Kings up at 1.95 to beat Mumbai Indians in this match.
- CSK Highest Opening Partnership: Chennai Super Kings are 1.90 with Betrally to produce the highest opening partnership of the match.
MI vs CSK Prediction
Mumbai Indians clearly hold a big psychological advantage over Chennai Super Kings having beaten them twice in two games this IPL season, and that too quite convincingly. They have now won six of their last seven head-to-head encounters and will be high on confidence after winning five of their last seven matches. CSK, on the other hand, have won just two of their last six matches and have lost to Mumbai on all the previous five occasions at this ground. However, they have won six out of their seven matches here this season and know the conditions better than any other team in the competition.
The home team has a superior spin attack and that could prove to be the difference between the two sides in the end as the wicket at the M.A. Chidambaram has been conducive to spin bowling. Mumbai Indians may have had plenty of success against Chennai Super Kings in the recent past, but we are backing the hosts here to win this time around and seal their spot in the final.
Back Chennai Super Kings to beat Mumbai Indians at 1.83 with Betway, 1.90 with Bet365 and 1.95 with Betrally.