LSG vs DC T20 Match Prediction & Betting Tips, IPL 2023
Lucknow Super Giants will kick start their 2023 campaign against Delhi Capitals at the Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium in Lucknow. Being the second day of the tournament, this will be Match 3 which will take place in the evening. With both teams having quality stars at their disposal, let us take a detailed look at the predicted playing XI, team news, and much more.
KL Rahul led Lucknow Super Giants to a decent campaign in their inaugural season. That being said, the franchise has a better-set unit and stars at their disposal and they would want to prove a point since their very first game this season.
Delhi Capitals might not have their most iconic player available for this edition but the likes of David Warner, Rovwan Powell, Mitchell Marsh, and other stars can surely make DC one of the underdogs of the 2023 IPL edition.
Lucknow Super Giants vs Delhi Capitals T20 Live Streaming
TV channels: Live action will be available on the Star Sports Network (India), Fox Sports (Australia), Sky Sports (UK), Willow TV (US)
IPL 2023 Live Streaming: Live action of LSG vs DC can be watched on Jio Cinema in India.
LSG vs DC Match Toss Prediction
Given that the first innings score in T20s is 157, this venue is not concerned to be a happy hunting ground for the batsmen, which could result in both captains wanting to bowl.
LSG vs DC, Ekana Cricket Stadium Pitch Report
The set batters can go big but each batsman needs to take their time on the wicket to settle in. While fast bowlers can prove to be expensive, there is also help for slow bowlers.
Lucknow Weather Report
There is no chance of rain interrupting the play as the temperature is going to be around 33 to 24 degrees. Humidity would peak at 51%.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds, and match prediction for Lucknow Super Giants vs Delhi Capitals, Indian Premier League 2023
LSG Team News & Playing 11
LSG Team News
The only marquee player not available for the Lucknow Super Giants will be South Africa wicket-keeper Quinton de Kock who is busy with his national commitments.
LSG Key Players
- KL Rahul- The 30-year-old Indian batsman scored the team’s best 484 runs in the previous edition. However, his form in recent months has dropped. The IPL 2023 could provide the perfect opportunity for the LSG captain to earn his place back in the squad for the upcoming ICC World Cup later this year.
- Avesh Khan- The electrifying right-arm pacer managed to take 10 wickets in his last 8 games for LSG. However, his only problem was his economy rate, leaking more than 8.8 runs per over. This 27-year-old pacer will be crucial in securing early wickets with the new ball for his team in the powerplay.
- Krunal Pandya- The Indian all-rounder can not only provide a quality finish to LSG but can even take much-required wickets in the middle overs. Given that the wicket in Lucknow can suit Krunal to spin the ball both ways, he is much more likely to bowl out his quota of four overs.
LSG Possible Impact Players Substitute
Ayush Badoni, Krishnappa Gowtham, Prerak Mankad, and Karan Sharma
While Badoni can be a crucial player if LSG loses wickets early, the likes of Gowtham and Karan can come in handy on a track that favors the slow spinners.
LSG Team Form
The 2022 season was a successful campaign for LSG as they managed to secure a berth in the playoffs in their very first season. However, they were knocked out by RCB in the eliminator.
Recommended: Place bets on Cricket with Dafabet Mobile App
LSG Predicted Playing 11
KL Rahul (C), Mayank Yadav, Avesh Khan, Krunal Pandya, Deepak Hooda, Marcus Stoinis, Nicholas Pooran (Wk), Ravi Bishnoi, Naveen-Ul-Haq, Daniel Sams, Manan Vohra
DC Team News & Playing 11
DC Team News
With Rishabh Pant out of the season, David Warner - a former silverware-winning captain with SRH - is likely to lead the newly-shaped side. However, their bowling department will be short as Anrich Nortje and Lungi Ngidi won’t be available to feature in the game due to national responsibilities.
DC Key Players
- David Warner- He is the only player in IPL’s history to win the orange cap thrice and if DC is to contest for the playoff berth this time, Warner should be chasing his fourth. Having scored 367 runs from his last 10 matches, batting at an average of 52, Warner will be required to be at his best as the Capitals will miss out on the counter-attacking prowess of Rishabh Pant.
- Khaleel Ahmed- The left-arm pacer can get the ball to move away from the right-handed batsman which enables him to get early wickets in the powerplay. The 25-year-old has registered 9 wickets in his last 7 matches against his name.
- Axar Patel- He has been the find of Indian cricket over the last few months in Ravindra Jadeja’s absence on the international stage. Having the ability to contribute with the bat as well as with the ball, Axar will have the chance to clinch wickets for DC as the nature of the wicket suits the spinners. Plus his wicket-to-wicket length can help him even more on this track in Lucknow.
DC Possible Impact Players Substitute
Sarfaraz Khan, Yash Dhull, Abhishek Porell, and Ishant Sharma
While Ishant can be used to bring in experience into the bowling lineup, Dhull and Porell are exceptional young talents who can stabilize the batting innings in case Marsh and Warner fail to fire. Lastly, we have witnessed Sarafaraz Khan provide a quality end by being explosive in the latter overs.
DC Team Form
The spoken off franchise was just 2 points away from securing a berth in the playoffs last time around. They finished their campaign with 14 points.
DC Predicted Playing 11
David Warner (C), Rilee Rossouw, Prithvi Shaw, Manish Pandey, Axar Patel, Khaleel Ahmed, Chetan Sakariya, Phil Salt (Wk), Mustafizur Rahman, Lalit Yadav, Mukesh Kumar
LSG vs DC Head to Head
Lucknow Super Giants and Delhi Capitals have only locked horns twice wherein on both occasions the former team has emerged victorious.
LSG vs DC Head to Head Stats in T20's
Recommended: Detailed Head to Head Stats of LSG vs DC
LSG vs DC Betting Odds
Given that the Delhi Capitals do look to be a little more shorthanded entering Match 3 of IPL 2023, the bookmakers have just edged in favor of DC as they have a win ratio of 1.80 as compared to LSG’s 2.00.
Recommended: Best Cricket betting odds to place your bets with top online betting sites
Who will win Lucknow Super Giants vs Delhi Capitals T20 Match?
There is no doubt in stating that the performance of the top-order batsmen and the bowling unit could well decide the outcome of this game. On those aspects both these concerned teams have some noticeable absentees. But KL Rahul’s LSG does appear to be a more set team on paper.
LSG vs DC Prediction
There is no doubt that Match 3 has all the ingredients to become a nail-biting contest. But with Ngidi and Nortje both being unavailable, the Capitals could be restricted in the bowling department. On the other hand, the likes of KL Rahul and Nicholas Pooran haven’t been at their sheer best. With both teams having their voids out in the open, it will interesting to witness which team makes use of the conditions better. Having said that, we predict the Lucknow Super Giants to emerge victorious against Delhi Capitals in Match 3 of IPL 2023.
Leave Your Comment
We do our best to give you most accurate & useful match predictions and would love to hear from you. Let us know if we need to improve. Share your own predictions for the matches. Let's talk: