Kent vs Essex Match Prediction & Betting Tips, T20 Blast 2023
Kent and Essex go head to head in the South Group of the 2023 T20 Blast on Wednesday evening in Canterbury. The Spitfires are in 7th place with two points from five matches. Essex are in 6th but only two points behind 2nd place with two points behind. Read on as we preview this game. The fixture begins at the St Lawrence Ground at 18:30 local time.
Kent have got a strong squad of players but they have underperformed this year as well as during last year’s campaign. It would be a big surprise if they were able to beat the Eagles in this clash.
Essex produced an excellent display on Tuesday evening and will fancy their chances of moving up the table once more with a win in Canterbury on Wednesday.
Kent vs Essex T20 Live Streaming
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Sky Go.
KET vs ESS Match Toss Prediction
Teams batting first have won 57.1% of T20 games in Canterbury so we predict that both skippers will choose to bat first in this match.
KET vs ESS Pitch Report
So far this year, the average first innings score in the T20 Blast is only 146. However, we expect a par score to be around 165 in this match.
Canterbury Weather Report
The forecast is for sunny and humid conditions throughout Wednesday evening in Canterbury. However, the temperature could drop as low as 12 degrees by the end of the match.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds, and match prediction for Kent vs Essex, Vitality T20 Blast 2023
Kent Team News & Playing 11
KET Team News
Netherlands’ international bowler Fred Klaassen has returned to Kent’ squad for this game but it would be a surprise if he comes into the team. Michael Hogan and Kane Richardson are two very reliable pace bowlers and we do not expect them to be left out of the side.
KET Key Players
- Sam Billings - The skipper has hit over 5100 T20 runs across his career and will be looking to make his 28th half-century in this format in this game.
- Joe Denly - The vastly experienced top order batter is also a very useful spinner. He hit 27 runs and and took 1-23 from his four overs against Surrey.
- Michael Hogan - Although the 42 year old went wicketless in the last game, he has already taken 2x three-wicket hauls for the Spitfires in this game.
KET Team Form
The Spitfires have lost four matches in a row in the T20 Blast and have lost their last two games by 5 wickets and 7 wickets.
Recommended: Place bets on Cricket with Dafabet Mobile App
Kent Predicted Playing 11
Tawanda Muyeye, Daniel Bell-Drummond, Joe Denly, Sam Billings (c) (wk), Jordan Cox, Jack Leaning, George Linde, Joey Evison, Grant Stewart, Kane Richardson, Michael Hogan
Essex Team News & Playing 11
ESS Team News
There was one change for Essex ahead of their win over Sussex Sharks on Tuesday evening and it would be a surprise if there were any changes before this game. No new injuries were reported in the Essex squad after Tuesday’s victory.
ESS Key Players
- Michael Pepper - The 24 year old right-hander is in excellent form and has hit 111 runs from his last two Vitality T20 Blast 2023 innings. He struck eight fours and one six on Tuesday.
- Matt Critchley - There were some Essex supporters who were disappointed to see Critchley in the side against Sussex Sharks but he produced 25 not out with the bat and picked up 2-17.
- Sam Cook - The right-arm medium fast bowler picked up a wicket with his second ball of the game on Tuesday and returned to dismiss two batters in the 19th over of the innings.
ESS Team Form
Essex ended their two match losing streak with their convincing 5 wicket victory with 31 balls remaining on Tuesday.
Essex Predicted Playing 11
Adam Rossington (wk), Dan Lawrence, Michael Pepper, Robin Das, Paul Walter, Matt Critchley, Daniel Sams, Simon Harmer (c), Shane Snater, Ben Allison, Sam Cook
Kent vs Essex Head to Head
The Spitfires lead the Eagles 20-17 from their 39 head to head encounters in the T20 Blast. Essex have won the last two meetings between the sides.
KENT vs ESS Head to Head Stats in T20's
Kent vs Essex Betting Odds
The bookmakers are expecting a close contest in this match. Kent are 1.95 to win with Essex favourites at 1.80.
Who will win Kent vs Essex T20 Match?
Kent have some excellent T20 players but the results have not happened for them over the last 12 months. We think Essex have the players to win this match.
Recommended: Best Cricket betting odds to place your bets with top online betting sites
Kent vs Essex Prediction
This match brings together two of the teams towards the bottom end of the South Group but Essex certainly look like they could finish in the top four and advance to the quarter finals. Kent have not been able to make enough runs over the course of this tournament and we are backing Essex to win.