IND-W vs IRE-W T20 Match Prediction & Betting Tips, Womens T20 World Cup 2023
The 18th game of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2023 will be played in Gqeberha at St George’s Park where mighty Ind-W take on a deflated Ire-W side on February 20th, 2023. The game is expected to kick off at 15:00 local time.
Ind-W have so far looked one of the most competitive sides in this year’s T20 World Cup edition. They have won 2 out of 3 games handsomely and would be a touch disappointed after losing out to Eng-W in the preceding fixture. They are currently ranked no.2 in the Group 2 points table sitting with a healthy NRR of 0.205.
Ire-W on the other hand seems to be running out of gas. They have been tormented very badly and have lost 3 consecutive games on the trot. They find themselves languishing at the bottom of the Group 2 table with a horrid NRR of – 1.989.
Judging by the way two sides fared in this tournament, Ind-W are clear favourites. Batting has been one of their key strengths in this year’s tournament. They are high on experience and their win percentage of over 55% in T20I is a prime example of that.
Ire-W have a very dismal T20I record and their win percentage is at an unbelievable low of 28%. Besides, their performance in the ongoing T20 World Cup edition is nothing short of a disaster. After conceding 3 successive defeats, any possibility of a remarkable fightback remains dim.
India vs Ireland Women T20 Match Live Streaming
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Star Sports, SuperSport, Sky Sport Cricket, Gazi TV, PTV Sports, Fox Sports and ESPN+
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, SuperSport App and Hotstar.
IND-W vs IRE-W Match Toss Prediction
The average first innings score is more than that of the second innings which is a clear indication of the fact that the pitch slows down as the game progresses. Hence chasing for the side batting second could be a tall order to fill. Either captain may win the toss and opt to bat first.
IND-W vs IRE-W, St George's Park Pitch Report
The deck at St George's Park is generally great for pacers who enjoy bowling with new ball. The wicket which is favourable to the bowlers, generally becomes slow as the game progresses thus bringing the slow bowlers into the picture.
Gqeberha Weather Report
The weather in Gqeberha is expected to be fairly cloudy with some chances of rain. There will be a fair bit of moisture around as the humidity rate is expected to be at around 66%. The maximum high is expected to creep up to 26 C.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds, and match prediction for India vs Ireland Women, Womens T20 World Cup 2023
IND Women Team News & Playing 11
IND-W Team News
After their unbeaten streak came to an end in this year’s world cup edition, we anticipate to see some changes specially in the middle-lower order department whose lack of contribution resulted in their undoing against Eng-W.
IND-W Key Players
- Smriti Mandhana – Mandhaha is Ind-W’s all time bating stalwart and her record in WT20I is nothing short of phenomenal. She emerged as the highest run scorer for Ind-W in the last year alone amassing 742 runs at an average of 32.26. When she getss her eye in, she can score big and dominate the bowling of any class.
- Jemimah Rodrigues – Rodrigues is another Ind-W batter who has been delivering it for her side on a consistent basis of late. Her matching winning innings of 53(38) against Pak-W came at a lightening quick pace which handed Ind-W with a famous victory at a crucial stage of the tournament. Besides she has a healthy batting average of just under 30 and has been able to register a top score of 76 in her relatively short WT20I career.
- Harmanpreet Kaur – The Ind-W skipper is one of the most consistent performers in WODI and WT20I formats. The all-rounder has stood and delivered time and again for her side whenever the chips were down. She has a century to her name along with a 4 wicket haul in in WT20I. Even in this year’s world cup edition, she scored a majority of the runs for her side and looked composed against top oppositions.
IND-W Team Form
Ind-W have performed exceptionally well in this tournament barring their last game against Eng-W where they couldn’t get going in the final overs. Having won 2 out of 3 games, Ind-W look well placed in the points table and are on their way to winning the upcoming fixture.
Recommended: Place bets on Cricket with Dafabet Mobile App
IND Women Predicted Playing 11
Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Jemimah Rodrigues, Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Richa Ghosh (WK), Deepti Sharma, Renuka Singh, Pooja Vastrakar, Radha Yadav, Sneh Rana, Rajeshwari Gayakwad
IRE Women Team News & Playing 11
IRE-W Team News
Ire-W have been beaten comprehensively in this year’s Women’s T20 World Cup by Eng-W, Pak-W and WI-W. They will try whatever they can to bring about some forced changes in all departments leading up to this upcoming fixture.
IRE-W Key Players
- Gaby Lewis – Gaby Lewis is arguably one of the best batters in the Ire-W side. She has been scoring runs on a consistent basis and has delivered on occasions when it mattered the most. Her heroics against Pak-W where she scored 71(46) helped Ire-W clinch the match and also the series in a scintillating fashion. She started her world cup campaign on a steady note and got some useful runs up the order against Eng-W. She currently averaged 26.37 with the bat and has a formidable strike rate of just under 120.
- Arlene Kelly– Kelly has emerged as the highest wicket-taker for Ire-W in recent times. Last year alone, she bagged 22 T20I wickets in just 17 innings which came at a record-breaking average of 15.40. Her strike rate and economy rate of 15.6 and 5.9 respectively can send some chills down the spine of any world-class batter. Her contribution with the ball helped Ire-W register a famous series win against Pak-W in their backyard last year in November. With some notable achievements under her belt, we expect Kelly to showcase her prowess with the ball yet.
- Orla Prendergast– The young 20-year-old has a bright future ahead of her. At such a young age she is now one of the top run-getters for Ire-W. She currently has a phenomenal T20 batting average of 22.59 coupled with a robust strike rate of over 122. Known for her all-around abilities with the bat and the ball she is truly an asset for her side.
IRE-W Team Form
Although Ire-W have managed to register one win in their last 5 T20I games. They have been jolted pretty badly in the ongoing edition of the Women’s T20 World Cup. The heavy defeats would certainly be playing on their minds and any possibility of a fierce resistance appears dim at this stage.
IRE Women Predicted Playing 11
Amy Hunter, Gaby Lewis, Orla Prendergast, Eimear Richardson, Rebecca Stokell, Laura Delany (c), Mary Waldron (WK), Louise Little, Arlene Kelly, Cara Murray,
IND Women vs IRE Women Head to Head
Both teams have clashed only once in the shortest format of the game. However, Ind-W have completely dominated Ire-W both in WT20I and WODI formats. Ire-W face a daunting challenge ahead of them as they are yet to register their maiden win against Ind-W in either of the formats.
IND-W vs IRE-W Head to Head Stats in T20s
IND Women vs IRE Women Betting Odds
This contest appears to be fairly one-sided on paper and Ind-W have largely looked at ease throughout the tournament. On the other hand, Ire-W have been hammered left and right and any chance of their revival against a top quality Indian side appears bleak.
Recommended: Best Cricket betting odds to place your bets with top online betting sites
Who will win India vs Ireland Women T20 Match?
Hence a win for Ind-W looks inevitable and they are at odds of 1.01 whereas a win for Ire-W is a very distant possibility as they are at odds of 13.77. We can expect Ind-W to score over 51.5 runs in the first powerplay overs.