IND vs SA Head to Head
India’s dominant form in the first test helped them to their second consecutive test victory against South Africa but only their 12th in 37 previous meetings. The Proteas have 15 wins, while there have also been ten draws. The story of the first test centred on Mayank Agarwal’s double century and Rohit Sharma’s batting exploits in both innings, while Ravichandran Ashwin and Mohammed Shami took the bowling plaudits in a dominant win.
IND vs SA Head to Head Stats
|Matches Played||IND Won||SA Won||Tie||Draw|
India vs South Africa Betting Odds
India remain big favourites for this second test after their dominant form in the first match.
IND Bet365 Odds
- IND to Win the Match: India are 1.44 favourites with Bet365 to beat South Africa in the first test. Given their dominant form, the weather may be a bigger issue than the Proteas – the draw is 4.00.
- IND Top Batsman: Virat Kohli remains India’s star batsman and the captain is 3.50 to be their top team batsman in the first innings with Bet365. Rohit Sharma took to opening the batting with some typically classy innings, meanwhile, and he is 4.00 to be India’s top first innings batsman with Bet365. After his double century in the first game, Mayank Agarwal can be backed at 5.00, while Cheteshwar Pujara is 4.50 and Ajinkya Rahane is 8.00.
- IND Top Bowler: Ravichandran Ashwin took seven wickets in the first innings of the first test and he is 3.00 to be India’s top bowler in the first innings of the second test with Bet365. Ravindra Jadeja can be backed at the same price on a pitch which is expected to give little to the pacemen. Nevertheless, Mohammed Shami is 5.00 with Bet365 and Ishant Sharma can be backed at 5.50.
SA Bet365 Odds
- SA to Win the Match: South Africa are 9.00 outsiders to win the second test against India with Bet365.
- SA Top Batsman: Dean Elgar top-scored for South Africa in the first innings of the first test and he can be backed at 4.50 to be the Proteas’ top first innings batsman again in this second test. Quinton de Kock also passed 100 in that innings, and is 6.50 to be South Africa’s top batsman with Bet365. Captain Faf du Plessis can be backed at 4.50, the same as Elgar, while Aiden Markram at the top of the order is 5.00. Could there be a debut for Zubayr Hamza? If so, he is 6.50.
- SA Top Bowler: There was little for South Africa to celebrate on the bowling front in the first test, but Keshav Maharaj remains their favourite to be their top first innings bowler with Bet365. On a subcontinent wicket, the spinner is 3.50. Kagiso Rabada is 4.00, while Dane Piedt is 4.33 and Vernon Philander is 5.00.
IND Betway Odds
- IND to Win the Match: After their dominant win in the first test, Betway are offering 1.44 on India winning the second test too.
- IND Top Batsman: Mayank Agarwal was India’s top batsman in the first innings of the first test, hitting his maiden test century – which became his maiden test double-century. He is 4.75 to be their top first innings batsman with Betway. Three batsmen have shorter odds – Virat Kohli, at 3.25, Rohit Sharma, who can be backed at 4.00, and Cheteshwar Pujara at 4.50.
- IND Top Bowler: Ravichandran Ashwin is just 2.40 with Betway to be India’s top first innings bowler after taking seven at the same stage of the first test. Ravindra Jadeja is 2.80, meanwhile. Mohammed Shami can be backed at 4.33 and Ishant Sharma is 5.50.
SA Betway Odds
- SA to Win the Match: South Africa are even bigger outsiders with Betway, at 9.50 to win. The rain may be a factor though, and the draw is 3.60 as a result.
- SA Top Batsman: Dean Elgar is 4.25 to be South Africa’s top batsman in the first innings with Betway, but opening partner Aiden Markram has been listed as favourite at 4.00. Faf du Plessis can be backed at 4.25, while in-form Quinton de Kock is 5.50.
- SA Top Bowler: Keshav Maharaj is 2.80 favourite to be South Africa’s top bowler in the first innings with Betway. Kagiso Rabada is 3.50, meanwhile and Vernon Philander can be backed at 4.33. Dane Piedt is 5.00 and Senuran Muthusamy is 6.00 after making his test debut last time out.
India vs South Africa Prediction
India are in superb form and if anything stops them in this match it seems unlikely to be their own performance. Weather-permitting, they can make it two wins from two.
Back India to beat South Africa in the second test at 1.44 with both Bet365 and Betway.
IND vs SA Dream11 Prediction
Quinton de Kock scored a first innings century for South Africa in the first test and he is 9.5 credits. He is more prominent in the Proteas’ batting line-up than Wriddhiman Saha is for India, however. Neither Rishabh Pant nor Heinrich Klaasen played in the first test
The two respective captains, Virat Kohli and Faf du Plessis, are both expensive picks but both could be key batsmen in this test given their reputations. The men who starred with the bat in the first test are all excellent value, meanwhile, and can help to counteract that cost – Rohit Sharma hit a century in each innings and yet he is 8.5 credits, the same as opening partner Mayank Agarwal. Dean Elgar is nine credits for South Africa.
India’s spin attack of Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja are both excellent value for the hosts given their wickets in the first test and the likelihood of them playing a prominent role in the second test too. They cost 9.5 and nine credits respectively.
If you pick both Indian all-rounders, you will still need one more South African at this point. Kagiso Rabada is expensive at nine credits, considering he fell short in the first innings, but Keshav Maharaj is 8.5 credits and Dane Piedt – who batted well in the second innings – is eight credits. That leaves room for Mohammed Shami, after his excellent form continued with his second-innings five-fer last time out.
Pune is expected to be a batting wicket, so the batsmen should be the best place to look for captain and vice-captain. Rohit Sharma’s performance in the first test immediately brings him to mind and after two consecutive centuries it is hard to overlook him. Virat Kohli remains India’s star batsman, however – those two, in either order, could pay off.
IND vs SA 2nd Test Dream11 Team
|BATSMEN||ALL ROUNDER||WICKET KEEPER||BOWLER|
|Virat Kohli (vc)||Ravindra Jadeja||Quinton de Kock||Mohammed Shami|
|Faf du Plessis||Ravichandran Ashwin||Keshav Maharaj|
|Rohit Sharma (c)||Dane Piedt|