Gujarat Titans vs Mumbai Indians T20 Match Prediction & Betting Tips, Qualifier IPL 2023
The Qualifier 2 of the 2023 Indian Premier League sees Gujarat Titans take on Mumbai Indians on Friday evening at the Narendra Modi Stadium. The winner will go on to Sunday’s final against Chennai Super Kings with the losing side eliminated from the competition. Read on as we preview this playoff match. The game gets underway in Ahmedabad at 19:30 local time.
Gujarat Titans never got fully on top of Chennai Super Kings in the Qualifier 1 and the game got away from them in the second innings of the game. They will need to be at their best across this match if they are to win.
Mumbai Indians managed to post a competitive score before producing a brilliant display with the ball and in the field on Wednesday. They are full of self belief and will be so even against the 2022 Champions.
Gujarat Titans vs Mumbai Indians T20 Live Streaming
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket and the Star Sports Network.
IPL 2023 Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Sky Go and Jio Cinema App.
GT vs MI Match Toss Prediction
Teams batting second have a 13-12 lead in the history of IPL matches at this venue and, with the humidity levels expected to rise over the course of the fixture, we predict that both skippers will want to field first.
GT vs MI Pitch Report
The average first innings score in the group stage at Narendra Modi Stadium was 187 and we expect to see a good batting wicket once again for the Qualifier 2.
The last four matches on this pitch have been won by the team batting first. The defending team has to score par 195 to win the match. Both the sides are equipped with quality batting line-up.
Ahmedabad Weather Report
Clear conditions are forecast from the start to the finish of the game. The temperature will not drop below 32 degrees with the humidity level getting up to 60%+ by the end of the match.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds, and match prediction for Gujarat Titans vs Mumbai Indians, Qualifier Indian Premier League 2023
GT Team News & Playing 11
GT Team News
There was one change for Gujarat Titans ahead of the Qualifier 1 with Darshan Nalkande replacing Yash Dayal in the XI. Nalkande conceded 44 runs from his four overs on Tuesday and it would not be a surprise if he was left out again in this clash.
GT Key Players
- Shubman Gill - The 23 year old right-handed opener top scored for Gujarat Titans on Tuesday, the fourth time in the last five matches where he has hit the most runs for his side. Gill has smashed 722 runs so far in 15 innings at an impressive average of 55.53. In the final match of the IPL 2022, Gill remained not out at 45 which displays his confidence in important matches.
- Rashid Khan - The Afghanistan leg-spinner has been a consistent wicket taker across the competition and he loves the big stage. He has gone wicketless only twice in the IPL 2023. Rashid has picked 25 wickets in 15 matches so far and all eyes will be on him in this crucial match. He will have the responsibility to do ample damage to the MI batting line-up.
- Mohammed Shami - The pace bowler dismissed Devon Conway and Ravindra Jadeja in the Qualifier 1 and is the leading wicket taker in the tournament. Shami has picked 26 wickets so far with an impressive strike rate of 13.6. Shami has performed well on this ground and we are expecting an early breakthrough from him in this match.
- Mohit Sharma - Mohit Sharma has made a good comeback to the IPL. He has picked 19 wickets in 12 matches at an impressive strike rate of 12.2. He will be a crucial pacer for the GT side alongside Shami.
GT Possible Impact Player Substitutes
Srikar Bharat, Sai Sudharsan, Jayant Yadav, Shivam Mavi, Darshan Nalkande
Vijay Shankar came into the team at the drop of the third wicket against Chennai Super Kings and is likely to be a batting replacement option again. Mavi bowls with good pace and has best T20 figures of 4-14.
GT Team Form
Gujarat Titans have lost two of their last four matches and are in danger of losing their form at the wrong time of the season.
Recommended: Place bets on Cricket with Dafabet Mobile App
GT Predicted Playing 11
Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Shubman Gill, Hardik Pandya (c), Dasun Shanaka, David Miller, Vijay Shankar, Mohit Sharma, Rahul Tewatia, Rashid Khan, Noor Ahmad, Mohammed Shami
MI Team News & Playing 11
MI Team News
After coming into the team for the last match in the group stage, Kumar Kartikeya found himself again on the substitute benches for the Eliminator against Lucknow Super Giants. We expect to see the same XI announced by Rohit Sharma for this game.
MI Key Players
- Suryakumar Yadav - We saw 20-balls of ‘SKY’ on Wednesday including two fours and two sixes. He remains the big wicket that the opposition are always desperate to take. Suryakumar has regained his form after a slow start this season. He has scored 544 runs in 15 matches at a strike rate of 183.78. If GT bowlers fail to get him earlier then he can take the match away from them.
- Cameron Green - After four successive not-out innings, the Australian all-rounder was dismissed against Lucknow Super Giants but not before he had hit the highest score for the side. Cameron Green has smashed a century in his IPL debut season and he will go on to become an important all-rounder asset for the team. In 15 matches, Green has scored 422 runs and picked 6 wickets.
- Akash Madhwal- The 29 year old right arm pace bowler produced an incredible spell of bowling on Wednesday and has now taken nine wickets from his last two games. He picked a five-for in the last match and 4-wicket haul in the match before that and in the last match against GT, he picked 3 wickets. His confidence will be on par and we are expecting some more wickets from him in this match.
- Piyush Chawla - He is currently the leading wicket taker for the MI team with 21 wickets in 15 matches. Piyush Chawla will lead the spin attack and he has ability to take down the crucial wickets in the middle overs.
MI Possible Impact Player Substitutes
Ramandeep Singh, Vishnu Vinod, Nehal Wadhera, Sandeep Warrier, Kumar Kartikey
Nehal Wahdhera came into the team towards the back end of the batting innings on Wednesday and he hit a crucial 23 runs from 12 balls. Kartikeya is usually their additional bowling option as an impact player.
MI Team Form
Mumbai Indians are in excellent form with six wins from their last eight and four wins from their last five games. The winning margin was 81 runs in the Eliminator.
MI Predicted Playing 11
Ishan Kishan (wk), Rohit Sharma (c), Cameron Green, Suryakumar Yadav, Tilak Varma, Tim David, Chris Jordan, Piyush Chawla, Jason Behrendorff, Hrithik Shokeen, Akash Madhwal
GT vs MI Head to Head
Mumbai Indians lead the head to head against Gujarat Titans 2-1 although the score is 1-1 across the two group stage matches from earlier this campaign.
GT vs MI Head to Head Stats in T20's
GT vs MI Betting Odds
With a place in the final on the line, the bookies can not separate the teams. Gujarat Titans and Mumbai Indians are both at 1.90 although we are backing Gujarat Titans to win.
Who will win Gujarat Titans vs Mumbai Indians T20 Match?
Mumbai Indians come into this match in better form but it is Gujarat Titans who have been the most consistent across the tournament. There is very little between the teams but we think Gujarat have more quality with bat and ball.
Recommended: Best Cricket betting odds to place your bets with top online betting sites
GT vs MI Prediction
With only two games of the 2023 IPL remaining, all eyes will be on this clash with the winner taking the remaining spot in Sunday’s final with a chance to take the title against Chennai Super Kings. We expect a really close game between two teams who have Indian and overseas superstars in their teams. Our prediction is for a high scoring contest, but with Mohammed Shami and Rashid Khan in their team, with Gujarat Titans coming out on top.