Gujarat Titans vs Chennai Super Kings T20 Match Prediction & Betting Tips, IPL 2023
The 2023 Indian Premier League playoffs begin on Tuesday as top of the table Gujarat Titans take on second placed Chennai Super Kings. The winner of this fixture will go straight through to the final with the loser having another opportunity to make Sunday’s final when they play in the Qualifier 2 on Friday. Read on as we preview this fixture. Qualifier 1 begins at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk at 19:30 local time.
Gujarat Titans have had comprehensive victories in four of their last five games and, in spite of playing Chennai Super Kings in Chepauk, will still be confident of winning and progressing to the final.
Although Chennai Super Kings finished in second place, they were only three points behind Gujarat Titans. Playing at home, MS Dhoni’s team will fancy their chances.
Gujarat Titans vs Chennai Super Kings T20 Live Streaming
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket and the Star Sports Network.
IPL 2023 Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Sky Go and Jio Cinema App.
GT vs CSK Match Toss Prediction
Four of the last five games at this venue have been won by the team batting second and we predict that both skippers will want to field first ahead of this match.
GT vs CSK Pitch Report
The average first innings score at MA Chidambaram Stadium in the 2023 IPL is 168, the second lowest of all venues in the competition. We expect a par score to be around 185 on a wicket which will turn throughout.
Four out of last five fixtures on this ground have been won by the chasing team which is contrary to the ground’s reputation of favouring the team batting first. Anything above par score will be a good total to defend.
Chennai Weather Report
The forecast is for clear skies across Tuesday evening in Chepauk. It will be very warm, the temperature will be over 30 degrees, and very humid throughout.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds, and match prediction for Gujarat Titans vs Chennai Super Kings, Indian Premier League 2023
GT Team News & Playing 11
GT Team News
Although they had already qualified for the playoffs and were guaranteed top spot in the table, Gujarat Titans still played their strongest team for the final group stage game and were unchanged. It would be a big surprise if any changes made for this match.
GT Key Players
- Shubman Gill - The 23 year old continues to impress with his form in IPL 2023. He hit his second century of this year’s IPL in the last game.
- Mohammed Shami - The right-arm pace bowler is level with Rashid Khan on 24 wickets across the tournament. He dismissed Michael Bracewell in Sunday’s match.
- Rashid Khan - The Afghanistan spinner made his IPL debut in 2017 and has taken at least 17 wickets in every campaign. However, this year he has his highest tally of dismissals and will relish bowling on this surface.
- Noor Ahmed - Noor is a new find of the season for the GT team. He has picked 13 wickets in 10 matches so far and he will be key bowler on this spin track along with Rashid.
GT Possible Impact Player Substitutes
Yash Dayal, Srikhar Bharat, Darshan Nalkande, Sai Kishore, Shivam Mavi
Dayal was brought in as the impact player in the field during the last match and took a wicket. Bharat is a strong batter who has previously hit a half-century in the IPL.
GT Team Form
Gujarat Titans have been the standout team across the whole of the 2023 IPL and have won seven of their last nine fixtures.
Recommended: Place bets on Cricket with Dafabet Mobile App
GT Predicted Playing 11
Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Shubman Gill, Vijay Shankar, Hardik Pandya (c), David Miller, Rahul Tewatia, Dasun Shanaka, Rashid Khan, Noor Ahmad, Mohammad Shami, Mohit Sharma
CSK Team News & Playing 11
CSK Team News
In spite of being beaten by Kolkata Knight Riders in their previous group stage game, MS Dhoni announced the same team for their final group stage game against Delhi Capitals. After such a strong performance in that match, we anticipate seeing the same XI in this fixture.
CSK Key Players
- Devon Conway - After hitting 11 fours and three sixes on Sunday, Conway sits in fifth place on the run scorers list and has struck six half-centuries this season.
- Ruturaj Gaikwad - The right-handed opener has scored 504 runs at an average of 42.00 in the 2023 IPL including 79 runs from 50 balls against Delhi Capitals in the last match.
- Ravindra Jadeja - The all-rounder has had another strong IPL. He has taken 149 IPL wickets across his career and has best figures of 3-22 this season in Chepauk.
- Deepak Chahar - The powerplay specialist bowler is expected to pick wickets in this match. He has played 8 matches so far in which he picked 10 wickets at an impressive strike rate of 15.6.
CSK Possible Impact Player Substitutes
Matheesha Pathirana, Mitchell Santner, Subhranshu Senapati, Shaik Rasheed, Akash Singh
Sri Lankan pace bowler Matheesha Pathirana was used as the impact player in the last game and took his 14th and 15th wickets of the tournament. Senapati is a fine batter but is yet to be selected this campaign.
CSK Team Form
Chennai Super Kings come into this game after winning their last match by 77 runs and have won three of their last four in the tournament.
CSK Predicted Playing 11
Ruturaj Gaikwad, Devon Conway, Shivam Dube, MS Dhoni (c) (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Ajinkya Rahane, Moeen Ali, Ambati Rayudu, Deepak Chahar, Tushar Deshpande, Maheesh Theekshana
GT vs CSK Head to Head
When the teams met earlier this season, Gujarat Titans won by five wickets at the Narendra Modi Stadium. Chennai Super Kings are still looking for their first victory over the Titans.
GT vs CSK Head to Head Stats in T20's
GT vs CSK Betting Odds
According to the bookmakers, this will be a very close game. Gujarat Titans are at 1.95 with Chennai Super Kings the narrow favourites at 1.90.
Who will win Gujarat Titans vs Chennai Super Kings T20 Match?
The consistency shown by Gujarat Titans across this campaign has been very impressive but Chennai Super Kings are extremely hard to beat in Chepauk. For this game, we have Chennai Super Kings as the top team.
Recommended: Best Cricket betting odds to place your bets with top online betting sites
GT vs CSK Prediction
The playoffs are always an exciting time for any tournament in any sport and in the IPL the excitement and tension goes up a level at this stage. Gujarat Titans have an excellent bowling attack and have Shubman Gill in brilliant form but Chennai Super Kings have an opening partnership which delivered 141 runs for their first wicket in the last match. We are predicting a very close contest but are backing Chennai Super Kings, with home advantage, to win.