Empire CC Lions vs Helsinki CC Finnish Premier League
High-flying Empire CC once again face the team that beat them in last year’s final, Helsinki CC, in the Finnish T20 Premier League. They meet at the Kerava National Cricket Ground on July 14 and the live action is scheduled to start at 18:00 local time.
Empire won the last time these teams met – part of a run of five consecutive victories and seven in eight in total this season. Amjad Sher and Mahesh Tambe have been in the wickets, while Jonathan Scamans tops the run-scoring charts. All three were key when these teams last met too, with Empire claiming an 11-run victory.
That defeat, which was actually Helsinki’s last match as the one scheduled in between, against Vantaa, was rained off, was the defending champions’ fourth defeat in a row. They have not won since opening the tournament – and their title defence – with back-to-back wins.
Empire CC Lions vs Helsinki CC Live streaming
Live streaming: European Cricket Network
Empire CC batted first when these teams last met and won, which is the general trend this season.
There is zero chance of rain in Kerava in the evening, with clear, sunny evening skies set for this match.
Better conditions could mean a better pitch, but it has generally been a sluggish one this season.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds and match prediction for Empire CC Lions vs Helsinki CC (Finnish Premier League).
Empire Cricket Club Team News & Playing 11
ECC Team News
There were a few changes last time out, to both the team and the batting line-up, but Empire CC Lions could restore Amjad Sher to top of the batting this time.
ECC Key Players
- Jonathan Scamans: Top-scored for Empire CC Lions when these teams last met and he was the first batsman to pass 200 runs in this year’s tournament.
- Amjad Sher: Goes into this game with 125 runs to his name, as well as 11 wickets with the ball too – including 3-25 in the most recent game.
- Mahesh Balasheb Tambe: Has taken eight wickets in his last two matches against Helsinki CC and he has 13 in total this season.
ECC Team Form
Empire CC Lions have won their last five matches in a row, to bounce back well from their only defeat of the season. Jonathan Scamans’ batting and some excellent team bowling made the difference in an 11-run win when these teams last met, while Amjad Sher and Kushagra Bhatnagar took three wickets apiece to set up a low-scoring five-wicket win against Bengal Tigers last time out.
Empire Cricket Club Predicted Playing 11
Vaanraj Padhaal, Amjad Sher (c), Jonathan Scamans (wk), Yasir Ali, Shoaib Qureshi, Mahesh Tambe, Raaz Mohammad, Kushagra Bhatnagar, Muhammad Imran, Ravi Kumar, Abdul Ghafar
Helsinki Cricket Club Team News & Playing 11
HCC Team News
Ghulam Abbas Butt missed the last match between these two teams but his all-round form is key and he could return to the team for this one.
HCC Key Players
- Khalid Rahman Mangal: Tops Helsinki’s run-scoring charts with 127 to his name so far this season, with a good strike rate of 136.56.
- Ghulam Abbas Butt: A star all-round performance when these teams met in last year’s final was him at his best. He has runs and wickets this season too, but needs consistency.
- Abdul Ahad Qureshi: Took a while to settle with his new team, but his runs last time out was a sign he is heading in the right direction.
HCC Team Form
Helsinki have not played since their 11-run defeat to Empire CC Lions, which was their fourth consecutive defeat. Their match against Vantaa was a wash-out, so Helsinki have still not won since opening their title defence with back-to-back wins.
Against the Lions, Abdul Ahad Qureshi hit 38 from 31 balls but lacked support as Helsinki posted just 114/9 in pursuit of 126 to win.
Helsinki Cricket Club Predicted Playing 11
Ghulam Abbas Butt, Khalid Rahman Mangal, Zahidullah Kamal, Abdul Ahad Qureshi, Aniketh Pushthay (c, wk), Maneesh Chauhan, Zakiullah Kamal, Obaidullah Sadiqui, Abdul Wahid Qureshi, Adnan Syed