Who will win DC vs RR, IPL 2019?
Third-placed Delhi Capitals host fifth-placed Rajasthan Royals, who must win to keep their 2019 Indian Premier League play-off hopes alive, at the Feroz Shah Kotla Ground. Scheduled for May 4, the live action begins at 16:00 local time.
DC vs RR, IPL 2019: Where to watch/Live streaming
TV channels: Star Sports, SuperSport, Geo Super, Willow TV, Fox Sports, Channel 9, Lemar TV, Flow TV, BeIN Sport
Live streaming: Hotstar, BeIN connect, Yupp TV, Flow Sports, Foxtel Go
DC vs RR Toss Prediction
Delhi elected to bat first when they won the toss in their most recent home game and could be tempted to do so again after their win.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds and match prediction for Delhi Capitals vs Rajasthan Royals, Indian Premier League 2019...
Delhi Capitals Team News & Playing 11
DC Team News
After missing the game against Chennai Super Kings with a back injury, Kagiso Rabada is a doubt for Delhi Capitals with Cricket South Africa monitoring the situation. Trent Boult replaced the in-form bowler, who currently leads the wicket-taking charts, last time out. Sandeep Lamichhane and Ishant Sharma also missed out last time, with Chris Morris and Jagadeesha Suchith replacing them.
DC Key Players
With 25 wickets from 12 games, there is little question Kagiso Rabada has been the stand-out bowler of IPL 2019 and his absence will be a big loss if CSA and Delhi opt not to risk him in this World Cup year.
Otherwise, with second-place still up for grabs, expect a full-strength Delhi team, with one of the biggest questions being whether Sandeep Lamichhance or Chris Morris occupy the other overseas bowling slot. Morris has been in better wicket-taking form.
Shikhar Dhawan has led the way with the bat for Delhi, scoring five half-centuries – including in the previous game against Rajasthan – and 470 runs in total.
In-form Shreyas Iyer has 427 runs from 12 innings, while Rishabh Pant – man of the match when these teams last met – has scored 348 runs wit ha strike rate of 161.11.
DC Team Form
Delhi, for the second time this season, were unable to extend a three-match winning streak last time out. The winning run included their previous win against Rajasthan Royals, thanks to Risabh Pant and Shikhar Dhawan’s big hitting.
They followed that up in their most recent home game, posting 187/5 from their 20 overs against Royal Challengers Bangalore thanks to Shreyas Iyer’s half-century, and holding on to win by 16 runs.
Last time out, however, they were bowled out for just 99 against Chennai Super Kings in an 80-run defeat at the M. A. Chidambaram Stadium.
Delhi Capitals Predicted Playing 11
Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer (c), Rishabh Pant (wk), Colin Ingram, Sherfane Rutherford, Chris Morris, Axar Patel, Amit Mishra, Trent Boult, Jagadeesha Suchith
Rajasthan Royals Team News & Playing 11
RR Team News
Rajasthan Royals have been hit hard by international withdrawals, with Jos Buttler, Ben Stokes and Jofra Archer all on England duty and Steve Smith now with the Australian training camp. Liam Livingstone and Oshane Thomas started last time out, while Ashton Turner could replace his compatriot Smith. Rajasthan elected for just three overseas players in their rain-curtailed game against Royal Challengers Bangalore.
RR Key Players
Shreyas Gopal took a hat-trick in the last match against Royal Challengers Bangalore, in a match reduced by rain and then ultimately curtailed by it. He now has 18 wickets in 13 games and a respectable economy rate of 7.40.
Jaydev Unadkat has ten wickets in 11 games, despite being expensive, while Oshane Thomas has made his mark since coming into the team with five wickets in three matches. The Jamaican is filling the considerable boots of Jofra Archer.
With the bat, in Jos Buttler and Steve Smith’s absence, Ajinkya Rahane will hope for a repeat of his century the last time they faced Delhi. He has 391 runs in total, while Sanju Samson – who also has a century to his name this season – has 337.
Liam Livingstone has replaced Buttler of late, and the big-hitting Englishman has a strike rate of 162.85 from his first three games.
RR Team Form
Rajasthan Royals have lost just one of their last five matches, but their play-off fate has been taken out of their hands after the no result against Royal Challengers Bangalore last time out.
Sharing a point apiece means they are now a point behind Sunrisers, and denied them the chance to add a third straight win.
Sanju Samson’s unbeaten 48 from 32 balls led a chase of 161 to beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by seven wickets in the previous match.
They had chased well previously too, as Riyan Parag hit 47 from 31 balls as Rajasthan reached 177/7 with four balls to spare to beat Kolkata Knight Riders by three wickets.
Rajasthan Royals Predicted Playing 11
Ajinkya Rahane (c), Liam Livingstone, Sanju Samson (wk), Riyan Parag, Ashton Turner, Mahipal Lomror, Stuart Binny, Shreyas Gopal, Jaydev Unadkat, Varun Aaron, Oshane Thomas
Team Form in Last Five Matches (most recent first)
DC : L W W W L
RR : NR W W L W
DC vs RR Head to Head
DC vs RR Head to Head
Delhi have won two of their three matches against Rajasthan since the Royals returned to the IPL after their two-year ban. Rajasthan still have the dominant head-to-head record with 11 wins compared to Delhi’s eight from their 19 matches.
This season’s previous match, at Jaipur, saw Ajinkya Rahane hit an unbeaten century for Rajasthan in a total of 191/6, only for Rishabh Pant’s unbeaten 78 from 36 balls to help the Capitals to a six-wicket win. Shikhar Dhawan (54 from 27 balls) had earlier got the chase off to a perfect start.
|Matches Played||DC Won||RR Won||Tie||No Result|
DC vs RR Betting Odds
Delhi Capitals have home advantage and ware favourites to beat a Rajasthan team who have lost four of their best players due to World Cup call-ups. Delhi have won their last two matches against Rajasthan and can make it three in a row at 1.57 to win with Bet365 and 1.55 with Betway.
DC Betway Odds
- DC to Win the Match: Betway have also named Delhi Capitals as comfortable favourites, at 1.55 to win.
- DC Highest Opening Partnership: Shikhar Dhawan and Prithvi Shaw shared an opening partnership of 78 in just 7.2 overs last time these teams met, and Delhi are 1.80 to post the highest opening partnership.
- DC Top Batsman: Dhawan is 3.75 to be Delhi’s top batsman, the same price as Rishabh Pant, after both were in good form against Rajasthan last time they met. In-form Shreyas Iyer is 4.33 and Shaw is 5.00.
- DC Top Bowler: Chris Morris is 3.50 to be Delhi’s top bowler, while Trent Boult is 3.75 and Jagadeesha Suchith – their top bowler last time out – is 4.00.
RR Betway Odds
- RR to Win the Match: Rajasthan Royals are 2.25 outsiders to win away at Delhi Capitals with Betway.
- RR Top Batsman: Ajinkya Rahane is 3.25 to be Rajasthan’s top batsman again, while Sanju Samson is 3.75 and Liam Livingstone is 4.00.
- RR Top Bowler: After his hat-trick against RCB, Shreyas Gopal is 2.87 and Oshane Thomas is 4.33, the same price as Jaydev Unadkat.
DC Bet365 Odds
- DC to Win the Match: Delhi Capitals are 1.57 favourites to beat Rajasthan Royals with Bet365.
- DC Top Batsman: Shikhar Dhawan has been consistent with the bat and is 3.25 to be Delhi’s top scorer, while Shreyas Iyer is in good form and is 4.50. Rishabh Pant was man of the match when these teams last met and can be backed at 4.50.
Pant is 2.25 to score over 1.5 sixes, meanwhile and Dhawan is 1.57 to hit more than 2.5 fours.
- DC Top Bowler: With Kagiso Rabada an injury doubt, Chris Morris is 4.50 to be Delhi’s top bowler, while Trent Boult is 5.00.
RR Bet365 Odds
- RR to Win the Match: Rajasthan Royals are 2.37 outsiders to beat Delhi away as they look to combat losing their overseas players and keep their play-off hopes alive.
- RR Top Batsman: While their primary overseas stars are now unavailable, Rajasthan still have Ajinkya Rahane to call upon. He hit a century in the reverse match and is 3.50 to be Delhi’s top batsman with Bet365. Liam Livingstone is 4.00 and Sanju Samson is 4.33.
- RR Top Bowler: Shreyas Gopal took a hat-trick in the last match and is 3.25 to be Rajasthan’s top bowler. Oshane Thomas is 5.00 having looked good since replacing Jofra Archer.
DC Betrally Odds
- DC to Win the Match: Betrally are, like Betway, offering 1.55 on Delhi Capitals to win.
- DC to post highest score in 1st six overs: With Shikhar Dhawan in good form, Delhi are 1.68 to post the highest score from the first six overs.
RR Betrally Odds
- RR to Win the Match: Rajasthan Royals are 2.35 to beat Delhi with Betrally.
DC vs RR Prediction
With second place still possible, Delhi need a win against Rajasthan. Their batting collapse against Chennai was a blip, but one from which they can bounce back against a Rajasthan team hit hard by international call-ups.
Back Delhi Capitals to beat Rajasthan Royals at 1.57 with Bet365 and 1.55 with Betway and Betrally.