Who will win CSK vs DC, IPL 2019?
Delhi Capitals knocked out Sunrisers Hyderabad in the Eliminator and have set up a meeting with the Chennai Super Kings in the Qualifier 2 of the Indian Premier League 2019. The match will be played on May 10 at the Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium in Visakhapatnam. Live telecast is scheduled to begin at 7:30 PM local time.
CSK vs DC, IPL 2019: Where to watch/Live streaming
TV channels: Star Sports, BT Sport, Fox Sports, SuperSport, BeIN Sports, Sky Sport NZ
Live Streaming: Hotstar, Bet365, Foxtel, Yupp TV
CSK vs DC Toss Prediction
The wicket did not undergo any change after the first period of play in the previous game between Delhi Capitals and Sunrisers Hyderabad, and since this match is going to be played on the same surface, the toss-winning team is likely to bowl first. Moreover, there is a good chance of dew forming on the outfield later in the evening.
Read on for team previews, betting odds, betting tips and predictions for Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals Qualifier 2, Indian Premier League 2019...
Chennai Super Kings Team News & Playing 11
CSK Team News
Chennai Super Kings made just the one change to their side for the previous game against Mumbai Indians, bringing in Murali Vijay for Kedar Jadhav who got ruled out of the remainder of the tournament after injuring his shoulder in the game against Kings XI Punjab. Vijay did a decent job with the bat at number four and he is likely to be retained. CSK don't like fiddling with their line-up too much and we expect them to field the same playing eleven from last time.
CSK Key Players
Faf du Plessis, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu and MS Dhoni are the ones to watch out for in CSK's batting line-up. Raina has a couple of half-centuries in his last three outings and one of those came in the last week's reverse encounter against Delhi Capitals. Du Plessis recently smashed 96 against the Kings XI Punjab while Rayudu is coming off a confidence-boosting knock of 42 not-out against the Mumbai Indians. Captain MS Dhoni has scored the most runs for the Super Kings this IPL and he is the heart of the team's middle-order batting. Imran Tahir has had an excellent season and is the key man with the ball. The South African leg-spinner is the tournament's second-best bowler with 23 wickets at a remarkable economy of 6.62. He claimed a four-fer the last time CSK faced the Capitals and he is likely to do plenty of damage again. Deepak Chahar and Harbhajan Singh have been impressive in the powerplays and they will be expected to make the early inroads once again.
CSK Recent Form
Chennai Super Kings finished second in the IPL 2019 league standings with nine wins and five losses. They will be going into the Qualifier 2 having lost three of their last four matches including the most recently played two. CSK lost to Mumbai Indians by six wickets at home in the Qualifier 1. Their top-order batsmen were the main culprits as they ended up finishing with a sub-par total of 131 while batting first.
Chennai Super Kings Predicted Playing 11
Shane Watson, Faf du Plessis, Suresh Raina, Murali Vijay, Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni (c/wk), Dwayne Bravo, Ravindra Jadeja, Harbhajan Singh, Deepak Chahar, Imran Tahir
Delhi Capitals Team News & Playing 11
DC Team News
Delhi Capitals have no reason to tweak their line-up after their win over Sunrisers Hyderabad in the Eliminator. But Colin Munro’s inability to read quality spinners might see him lose his place to Colin Ingram, and that could be the only change in the Capitals’ playing eleven. However, Ingram too has not been at his best this season. Keemo Paul returned impressive figures which means Chris Morris would once again have to watch the proceeding from the sidelines.
DC Key Players
Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer and Rishabh Pant form the backbone of Delhi Capitals' batting. Dhawan is one of the tournament's top five batsmen with 503 runs and has hit five half-centuries this IPL season, one of which came in the reverse encounter at Delhi. Iyer and Pant have also been amongst the runs and have cracked three fifties each. Pant has scores of 53* and 49 in his previous two innings and is striking it around 164, making him the danger man in this middle order. Prithvi Shaw struck a 38-ball 56 in the Eliminator and the Capitals will want him to carry that form into this match. The departure of Kagiso Rabada has not affected them too much as Ishant Sharma is consistently providing the early breakthroughs. The fast bowler now has 12 wickets in as many matches and he will be the biggest threat for CSK with the new ball. Axar Patel has not been too effective which means the Capitals will be relying heavily on leg-spinner Amit Mishra in the middle overs.
DC Recent Form
Delhi Capitals won nine and lost five out of their fourteen fixtures in the league stage to finish third on the points table with 18 points. They will be going into this virtual semi-final high on confidence having won five of their last six matches and the last two on the trot. After beating Rajasthan Royals by five wickets at the Feroz Shah Kotla in their final league-stage encounter, the Capitals pipped Sunrisers Hyderabad by two wickets in the Eliminator.
Delhi Capitals Predicted Playing 11
Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer (c), Rishabh Pant (wk), Colin Munro/Colin Ingram, Axar Patel, Sherfane Rutherford, Keemo Paul, Amit Mishra, Trent Boult, Ishant Sharma
Team Form in Last Five Matches (most recent first)
CSK : L L W L W
DC : W W L W W
CSK vs DC Head to Head
CSK vs DC Head to Head
Chennai Super Kings and Delhi Capitals have faced each other 20 times in the Indian Premier League with the former having emerged victorious on 14 occasions.
Chennai Super Kings have won 10 of their last 12 matches against the Delhi Capitals including both the league-stage encounters of the ongoing season.
CSK registered a six-wicket win in the first clash of the season at the Feroz Shah Kotla before handing an 80-run thrashing to the Capitals in the round-2 fixture at the MA Chidambaram Stadium.
|Matches Played||CSK Won||DC Won||Tie||No Result|
CSK vs DC Qualifier 2 Betting Odds
Chennai Super Kings are the bookmakers' favorites to win the Qualifier 2 of the Indian Premier League 2019. The defending champions are being offered at a price of 1.72 on Betway and 1.80 on Bet365 and Betrally. Delhi Capitals find themselves as the underdogs for this match at 1.95 on Betrally and 2 on Betway and Bet365.
CSK Betway Odds
- CSK to Win the Match: Chennai Super Kings are 1.72 favorites with Betway to win the Qualifier 2.
- CSK Top Batsman: Suresh Raina has hit two fifties in his last three innings and he can be backed at 4 with Betway to top-score for CSK. Ambati Rayudu and MS Dhoni are 5 and 7 respectively.
- CSK Top Bowler: Harbhajan Singh and Deepak Chahar have been impressive with the ball for Chennai Super Kings and they are 5 and 3.50 respectively with Betway to finish with the best figures for their side.
DC Betway Odds
- DC to Win the Match: Delhi Capitals are the underdogs with Betway at odds of 2 to win the Qualifier 2.
- DC Top Batsman: Prithvi Shaw top-scored for Delhi Capitals in the Eliminator at this ground and the opener is 4.50 with Betway to score the most runs for the team again. Shikhar Dhawan is 3.50 while Rishabh Pant is 4.
- DC Top Bowler: Amit Mishra is more likely to finish as the best bowler for Delhi Capitals and he can be backed at 3.60 with Betway for the same. Ishant Sharma is 3.75 while Keemo Paul is up at 4.
CSK Bet365 Odds
- CSK to Win the Match: Chennai Super Kings are 1.80 with Bet365 to beat Delhi Capitals in this IPL match.
- CSK Batsman to Score a Fifty: Faf du Plessis is 3.25 with Bet365 to hit a half-century against the Delhi Capitals while Suresh Raina is 3.50.
DC Bet365 Odds
- DC to Win the Match: Bet365 has Delhi Capitals as outsiders to win this match at a price of 2.
- DC Batsman to Score a Fifty: Shikhar Dhawan is 3 with Bet365 to make a 50+ score in the Qualifier 2 while Prithvi Shaw, who scored 56 last time, is being offered at 3.40.
CSK Betrally Odds
- CSK to Win the Match: Betrally is offering odds of 1.80 on Chennai Super Kings to win the Qualifier 2.
- CSK Highest Opening Partnership: Betrally is offering odds of 2 on Chennai Super Kings to post the highest opening partnership of the match.
DC Betrally Odds
- DC to Win the Match: Delhi Capitals are 1.95 underdogs with Betrally to beat Chennai Super Kings.
- DC Highest Opening Partnership: The Prithvi Shaw-Shikhar Dhawan pair is 1.80 with Betrally to produce the highest opening partnership of the match.
CSK vs DC Qualifier 2 Prediction
Chennai Super Kings have faced defeats in their last two matches while Delhi Capitals are carrying momentum with them having won their last two matches. The Capitals also have the benefit of knowing the conditions beforehand having played at this ground just a couple of days ago. The Super Kings, however, hold a big psychological advantage of having a superior record against their opponents. They have beaten the Capitals ten times in their previous twelve attempts and twice in the two meetings this season. Conditions, too, give CSK the upper hand as their spin attack is much more formidable with Imran Tahir and Harbhajan Singh looking in threatening form. MS Dhoni and his men have made seven appearances in the IPL final in the nine seasons that they have played. So they certainly have a lot more experience of playing in this stage of the tournament which is another reason why we are backing the defending champions to win the Qualifier 2 and reach the finals third time in a row.
Back Chennai Super Kings to beat Delhi Capitals at 1.72 with Betway and 1.80 with Bet365 and Betrally.