AUS vs IND Test Match Prediction & Betting Tips WTC Final 2023
Australia and India go head to head to decide who will win the World Test Championship (WTC) with the match beginning at The Oval, South London on Wednesday morning. Australia finished top of the WTC group stage with 11 wins from 19 games. India have lost only five of their 18 clashes so far in the tournament. Read on as we preview this Test Match. The fixture begins at 11:00 local time.
Although they have the Ashes series coming up immediately after this match, Australia will be focused on this match. The majority of their players have been acclimatising to the conditions over recent weeks.
India eased off in the final two Tests against Australia earlier this year but they should cause plenty of problems for Australia. However, they will need to be on top of their game from the first ball in this clash.
Australia vs India Test Match Live Streaming
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket, Star Sports Network, Seven.
Live Streaming:Fans can stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar.
AUS vs IND Match Toss Prediction
The conditions look set to be good for batting over the opening few days and we expect both skippers will choose to bat first if they win the toss ahead of this match.
AUS vs IND Pitch Report
Over previous years, we have seen the Oval pitch be strong for batting on, particularly across the first few days. We expect a par score to be 400+ across the first innings.
London Weather Report
The opening three days of the game are forecast to be rain free with highs of 23 degrees. However, rain is currently forecast on Saturday and Sunday.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds, and match prediction for Australia vs India Test Match WTC Final 2023
Australia Team News & Playing 11
AUS Team News
There will be at least two changes to Australia’s XI compared to their last Test Match with Peter Handscomb and Matthew Kuhnemann both not in the squad. Skipper Pat Cummins will come into the team alongside David Warner. Josh Hazlewood will miss this match with a slight injury.
AUS Key Players
- Usman Khawaja - The left-handed opener has been in fantastic form since returning to Australia’s Test team during the 2021-22 Ashes. He hit 180 in the last Test against India. With 1608 runs in 16 matches, Khwaja is the 2nd highest run scorer of this WTC season. He has an aggressive average of 69.91.
- Steve Smith - The right handed number four batter has been playing in County cricket and will be well used to the English conditions ahead of this Test. Smith has played 18 Test matches against India and smashed 1887 runs at an impressive average of 65.06. He can be dangerous for the Indian bowling attack on this batting track.
- Pat Cummins - Cummins is Australia’s 2nd highest wicket taker this season with 53 wickets in 15 matches. He is 4 wickets away from completing 50 wickets against India and in just 12 matches.
- Mitchel Starc - The 33-year-old can bring havoc to the Indian batters who struggle against left-arm fast bowlers. Starc has picked 44 wickets in 17 Tests against India and 33 wickets in 9 Tests in England pitches. Both these stats are going to benefit him in this match. England’s pace-friendly pitch will assist him well.
AUS Team Form
Australia have won only one of their last five Tests but that victory came over India in Indore three months ago.
Recommended: Place bets on Cricket with Dafabet Mobile App
Australia Predicted Playing 11
Usman Khawaja, David Warner, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Travis Head, Cameron Green, Alex Carey (wk), Pat Cummins (c), Mitchell Starc, Michael Neser, Nathan Lyon
India Team News & Playing 11
IND Team News
After picking up an injury during the 2023 IPL group stage, KL Rahul joins Rishabh Pant on the sidelines ahead of this World Test Championship. Ajinkya Rahane is expected to come back into the side with Shubman Gill ready to open with Rohit Sharma.
IND Key Players
- Shubman Gill - The stylish right-handed opener ended the 2023 IPL as the leading run-scorer. He has scored two centuries from his last four Tests. The emerging star-batter has the perfect opportunity to score another high-scoring knock after he scored 128 against Australia in the last Test match. He has scored 413 runs in 5 Tests against Australia.
- Virat Kohli - The former skipper has been in excellent form over the last six months across all formats. He averages 48.93 from 183 Tests. Kohli has scored more than 1000 runs on England pitches and he is 21 runs away from completing 2000 runs against Australia. All eyes will be on him after his brilliant IPL form.
- Cheteshwar Pujara - Pujara is one of the finest Test batters India has ever produced. He has been playing county cricket in England from the last few weeks so he will have a better understanding of the current pitch conditions. In 102 Test matches, Pujara has scored 7154 runs out of which the biggest chunk of 2033 runs came against Australia in 24 matches.
- Mohammed Shami - The right-arm pace bowler finished as the top wicket taker in the 2023 IPL and got plenty of movement from a good length. He will enjoy bowling at the Oval in this Test. Shami has taken 40 wickets against Australia in 11 Test matches and 38 wickets in 13 matches in England conditions. He will be India’s answer to the dangerous Aussie pace attack.
IND Team Form
India have lost one of their last six Tests and come into this game looking to end a run of two matches without a win.
India Predicted Playing 11
Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Ravindra Jadeja, KS Bharat (wk), Shardul Thakur, Ravichandran Ashwin, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj
Australia vs India Head to Head
This will be the 107th Test Match between Australia and India. The last game between the sides was drawn in March 2023 with Australia winning the match before by 9 wickets.
Australia and India will face each other at this venue for the first time. Both the sides have played a few Tests against England here.
Australia have faced England 38 times at Kennington Oval. Out of 38 face-offs here, Australia have won 7 times while the hosts England have won 17 Tests. 14 matches have ended in a draw.
On the other hand, India have won twice against England at Kennington Oval in London. England have won 5 times while 7 Tests ended in a draw.
AUS vs IND Head to Head Stats in Tests
Australia vs India Betting Odds
Australia are favourites to win this World Test Championship Final and can be backed at 1.90. India are the underdogs at 2.62 in this match.
Recommended: Best Cricket betting odds to place your bets with top online betting sites
Who will win Australia vs India Test Match?
As there should be in a final, we have some of the best players in world cricket on show in this game. India have a brilliant side but overall Australia look to have a slightly better team who have practiced more in the conditions.
Australia vs India Prediction
The winner of this game will be crowned the World Test Champions and we have two brilliant Test teams contesting this final. Neither team have won a Test series in England over recent visits but both have won individual Tests. We think this game will come down to who has the best pace bowling attack and Australia have the most depth in that department. We are predicting a close match with Australia winning.