AFG vs WI Head to Head
Victories in their last two matches in this fixture – once at the World Cup and once in the opening game of this series – have helped West Indies level the head-to-head record. Both teams have now won three of their seven previous ODIs. In each of the last two games, Shai Hope, Rahmat Shah and Ikram Alikhil have all hit half-centuries. Only Hope has finished up on the winning side on both occasions, however, though he was overshadowed by Roston Chase’s excellent all-round performance last time out.
AFG vs WI Head to Head Stats
|Matches Played||AFG Won||WI Won||Tie||No Result|
Afghanistan vs West Indies Betting Odds
West Indies were in dominant form in the opening match of this series and start out as favourites again for the second match.
AFG Bet365 Odds
- AFG to Win the Match: Afghanistan are 2.37 outsiders to beat West Indies with Bet365.
- AFG Top Batsman: Rahmat Shah is in good form against the West Indies and is 4.00 favourite to be their top batsman with Bet365. Ikram Alikhil has also scored half-centuries in the last two ODIs, however, and he is a generous 5.50. Hazratullah Zazai is 5.00 but he fell short once again last time out. Mohammad Nabi is 6.00, as is Asghar Afghan.
- AFG Top Bowler: Rashid Khan is still huge favourite to be Afghanistan’s top bowler at 2.25 with Bet365, which ignores Mujeeb Ur Rahman’s form somewhat. He is a great price at 4.33 after taking two wickets last time out. Mohammad Nabi is 5.00, while Naveen-ul-Haq is 6.00 and Gulbadin Naib is 6.50.
WI Bet365 Odds
- WI to Win the Match: West Indies are now 1.57 favourites with Bet365 to beat Afghanistan in this second match of the series.
- WI Top Batsman: Shai Hope, for the second consecutive game against Afghanistan, scored 77 last time out. He is 4.33 to be West Indies’ top batsman with Bet365, while Evin Lewis is the same price. Roston Chase top-scored last time out but he is 6.00. Shimron Hetmyer is in between at 4.50, while Nicholas Pooran is as high as 7.00 with Bet365.
- WI Top Bowler: Jason Holder is 4.33 joint-favourite to be West Indies’ top bowler after his superb bowling last time out. Sheldon Cottrell can be backed at the same price with Bet365. Alzarri Joseph is now 5.00, as is Roston Chase despite his two wickets last time out. Romario Shepherd took two wickets too, and he is 5.50 with Bet365.
AFG Betway Odds
- AFG to Win the Match: Afghanistan are 2.37 to win the second game of this series with Betway.
- AFG Top Batsman: Rahmat Shah is 4.00 to be Afghanistan’s top batsman, in line with his recent form. Najibullah Zadran is 6.50 with Betway, while Asghar Afghan is 7.00 and Mohammad Nabi is 8.00. Gulbadin Naib is as high as 10.00 with Betway.
- AFG Top Bowler: Rashid Khan is 2.75 to be Afghanistan’s top bowler with Betway but, again, Mujeeb Ur Rahman looks the better bet at 4.00, while Mohammad Nabi at 5.00 is worth considering too. Naveen-ul-Haq is 5.50 and Gulbadin Naib is 7.00.
WI Betway Odds
- WI to Win the Match: West Indies are also 1.57 to beat Afghanistan with Betway.
- WI Top Batsman: Shai Hope is big favourite to be West Indies’ top batsman after his 77* last time out. He is 3.00 with Betway. Roston Chase’s price has dropped to 5.50 after he top-scored in the first game. Nicholas Pooran is 6.50, while Evin Lewis is a generous price at 5.00.
- WI Top Bowler: Sheldon Cottrell is 3.80 favourite to be West Indies’ top bowler with Bet365, while Jason Holder is now 4.33. Romario Shepherd is 5.00 after two wickets on his debut, while Roston Chase is as high as 7.00 despite his two wickets last time out.
Afghanistan vs West Indies Prediction
West Indies might be favourites, after Afghanistan’s dismal World Cup, but they have hardly been pulling up trees in 50-over cricket either. This is a chance for Rashid Khan’s team to hit back.
Back Afghanistan to beat West Indies at 2.20 with Bet365 and 2.15 with Betway.
AFG vs WI Dream11 Prediction
Both Shai Hope and Ikram Alikhil made it back-to-back half-centuries in this fixture in the opening game of this series. Fit-again Hope looks back to his best and well worth ten credits, while Alikhil hammered a half-century too. Nicholas Pooran fell cheaply but he still looks great value at 8.5 credits.
Rahmat Shah has made himself hard to ignore, meanwhile. He is 9.5 credits but two half-centuries in his last two ODIs against West Indies, plus 47 in the warm-up match, shows his value. Neither Evin Lewis nor Shimron Hetmyer got going last time out, but both have exciting reputations in ODI cricket. Lewis in particular has been in good form recently.
Roston Chase proved his worth last time out with both bat and ball, and he is a key all-round pick at just 8.5 credits. Jason Holder is hard to overlook given how well he bowled last time out, but you do need to up your Afghanistan quota so Rashid Khan might be a better pick for the same price. He has a lot to prove, however.
Once again, Mujeeb Ur Rahman outshone Rashid Khan last time out and he is a good pick at nine credits. Sheldon Cottrell is available for the same price and is vastly growing in importance to the West Indies, while Romario Shepherd impressed on debut – and is great value at eight credits.
Roston Chase is hard to ignore after his superb all-round performance last time out. He was ferocious with the bat, having previously been tidy with the ball. As vice-captain, Rahmat Shah, Ikram Alikhil and Shai Hope are all in good batting form, while Mujeeb Ur Rahman is bowling well. With West Indies favourites, Hope could be the key man.
AFG vs WI 2nd ODI Dream11 Team
|BATSMEN||ALL ROUNDER||WICKET KEEPER||BOWLER|
|Rahmat Shah||Rashid Khan||Nicholas Pooran||Sheldon Cottrell|
|Evin Lewis||Roston Chase (c)||Shai Hope (vc)||Romario Shepherd|
|Shimron Hetmyer||Ikram Alikhil||Mujeeb Ur Rahman|