Sri Lanka vs Ireland Match Details
The 8th Match of ICC T20 World Cup will be played between Sri Lanka and Ireland and this is the second match of the tournament for both the teams. The match is set to take place at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi at 7:30 PM IST, 2:00 PM GMT and 6:00 PM LOCAL.
Sri Lanka vs Ireland Match Review
Sri Lanka and Ireland are part of Group A along with Namibia and Netherlands. Both the teams had a positive start to the tournament after winning their first matches.
Sri Lanka defeated Namibia by 7 wickets where the Lankan bowlers put up a great show and restricted Namibia to a low score of 96 runs. New offbreak spinner Maheesh Theekshana from Sri Lanka emerged as the Man of the Match with figures 3/25 in 4 overs whereas Wanindu Hasaranga took 2 wickets.
Ireland also won their first match in the same fashion with chasing a low scoring total of 106 runs and won by 7 wickets. Irish pacer Curtis Campher won the Man of the Match for his amazing bowling figures of 4/26 which choked the Netherlands batting line-up.
This is a must win match for both the teams as a win will confirm the qualification to the next round of super-12.
Sri Lanka vs Ireland probable playing 11 T20 World Cup
Sri Lanka Playing 11
Kusal Perera (wk), Pathum Nissanka, Dinesh Chandimal, Avishka Fernando, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka (c), Chamika Karunaratne, Wanindu Hasaranga, Dushmantha Chameera, Maheesh Theekshana, Lahiru Kumara
Ireland Playing 11
Paul Stirling, Kevin O Brien, Andrew Balbirnie (c), Gareth Delany, Harry Tector, Curtis Campher, Neil Rock (wk), Simi Singh, Mark Adair, Benjamin White, Joshua Little
Sri Lanka vs Ireland Dream11 Prediction
- Wicketkeeper - Kusal Perera
- Batsman - Paul Stirling, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Avishka Fernando, Gareth Delany
- All Rounder - Wanindu Hasaranga, Simi Singh, Curtis Campher
- Bowlers - Dushmantha Chameera, Mark Adair, Lahiru Kumara
Captain - Kusal Perera
Vice Captain - Paul Stirling
Sri Lanka vs Ireland Dream11 tips
- Kusal Perera is an experienced Sri Lankan wicketkeeper batsman with almost 1500 runs in 52 T20I matches.
- After the 2nd wicket fell at 36 runs only, Paul Stirling and Gareth Delany took the matter in their hands to chase the target. Delany played a match-winning knock of 44 runs off 29 balls. In the Sri Lanka vs Namibia match, Fernando and Rajapaksa did the similar job for the team after the 3rd wicket fell at 26. Rajapaksa scored 42 off 27 balls while Fernando scored 30 runs.
- Wanindu Hasaranga is a new star spinner from Sri Lanka who gained popularity after he emerged as the Player of the Tournament in the T20I series against India this year. Simi Singh and Curtis Campher are important all-rounders for the Ireland squad. As mentioned, Campher emerged as the Man of the Match in the first match against Netherlands so he is a must to have in the Dream11 team.
- Lahiru Kumara took 2 wickets by giving off just 9 runs in the previous match while Chameera gave off just 19 runs in 4 overs with 1 wicket. The low economical bowling from both these bowlers make them a part of Dream11 bowling attack. On the other hand, Irish bowler Mark Adair produced a brilliant bowling figures of 4/9 in his 4-over spell.