Australia vs England 1st Test Match Ashes Match Information
||8 December 2021 - 12 December 2021
||5:30 AM IST, 12:00 AM GMT, 10:00 AM LOCAL
||The Gabba, Brisbane
Australia vs England 1st Test Match Ashes 2021-22 Pitch Report and Weather Report
AUS vs ENG Pitch Report
Looking at the conditions of the Gabba pitch, we can say that the grassy pitch can be quite helpful for the swing bowlers which can result in some damage for the top-order of both the teams.
Average total score on this pitch - 297
AUS vs ENG Weather Report
Heavy rains and thunderstorms are expected throughout the 5 days. The temperature is likely to be around 30 degrees celsius. Brisbane has witnessed rains in the last few days.
Australia vs England Probable Playing 11
Australia Playing 11 Ashes Test Match
Marcus Harris, David Warner, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Travis Head, Cameron Green, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins (c), Mitch Starc, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood.
England Playing 11 Ashes Test Match
Joe Root (c), Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Jos Buttler, Haseeb Hameed, Jack Leach, Dawid Malan, Ollie Pope, Ollie Robinson, Ben Stokes, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood.
Australia (AUS) vs England (ENG) 1st Test Match Team News Ashes
- Pat Cummins is set to lead the Australian side as the first Aussie pacer to become a full-time captain.
- White-ball wicket keeper batsman, Alex Carey is going to make his Test debut in the 1st Ashes Test match. Along with him, Cameron Green will also have his Test debut.
- England players Haseeb Hameed and Ollie Robinson can have their first Ashes experience. England star all-rounder Ben Stokes is going to make his comeback after a long break.
- James Anderson injured his calf during the 1st Test match in 2019 Ashes and was ruled out for the rest of the series. England wants to keep their best pacer safe and hence, decided to not include him in the 1st Test playing 11. The decision is taken to manage the workload of the England fast bowler.
Australia vs England Head to Head Test Matches
Australia vs England Dream 11 Team Today Match Prediction, Dream11 Captain, Vice Captain, Fantasy Cricket Team Ashes 2021-22
- Wicketkeeper - J Buttler (9)
- Batsman - D Warner (9.5), J Root (10), T Head (8.5)
- All Rounder - C Woakes (8.5), B Stokes (9.5), M Labuschagne (10)
- Bowlers - M Starc (8.5), N Lyon (8.5), P Cummins (9), O Edward Robinson (8.5)
Dream11 Team Captain - P Cummins
Dream11 Team Vice Captain - O Edward Robinson
Australia vs England Dream11 Fantasy Team Players
- J Buttler - Buttler is a versatile batsman who can adapt his gameplay quickly with the pitch and the format. In 53 Test matches, Buttler smashed 2800 runs and has 2 centuries and 18 half centuries under his cap.
- D Warner - Warner regained his form during the T20 World Cup and emerged as the Player of the Tournament. Warner is an experienced Aussie opener and he has accumulated 7311 runs in 86 Test matches.
- J Root - He is currently at the No.1 spot in the ICC Test rankings. He is at the top of his form and in 2021, he scored 1398 runs at an average of 69.90 which includes six centuries and one half century.
- T Head - Head is a quality Test batsman and we can rely on his gameplay for our fantasy points. The left hander batsman has average of 49.65 in Test cricket.
- C Woakes - Woakes will complete the pacer trio along with Broad and Robinson. Woakes can be a crucial player with both bat and ball. He is included in the squad after James Anderson is ruled out of the 1st Ashes Test match. In 39 Test matches, Woakes took 119 wickets and scored 1389 runs which includes a century.
- B Stokes - Stokes is a remarkable player and a star of the 2019 Ashes series. We are well aware of his capabilities and cannot afford to exclude him from the Dream11 fantasy team. Stokes is expected to make a strong comeback after a long break. Stokes has scored 10 Test centuries and grabbed 163 wickets in 71 matches.
- M Labuschagne - Labuschagne is currently No.4th test batsman in ICC rankings. He can also bowl well. In 18 test matches, Labuschagne has an average of 60.80
- M Starc - Starc has been a part of the Australian bowling unit for a long time now and he has a great set of skills in the longest format of the game. Starc currently has a total of 255 wickets under his name but it is also wise to say that he is a reliable batsman as well. Although he doesn’t have a century under his name, his highest score is 99.
- N Lyon - Aussie spinner has a good record in Test format and he is a must pick fantasy player in the Aussie Test matches. Lyon’s last test match was his 100th match and he has taken 399 wickets with his off break bowling style.
- P Cummins - The newly appointed Aussie skipper is the No.1 Test bowler in the ICC rankings. He has a great record against England. Cummins is our Dream11 captain pick. Cummins has 164 Test wickets in 34 matches.
- O Edward Robinson - Robinson has just played 5 Test matches for England till now and took 28 wickets. He is an amazing bowler who can do wonders on this pitch. He is also selected as the Dream11 vice captain for this match.
Ashes 2021 Today Match Prediction
To get Ashes live score and live cricket betting odds for all the Test matches, then follow our today match predictions. Get all the important details - Test pitch report, weather report, toss prediction, team news, head to head stats, chances of winning, live streaming, top batsman, top bowler, etc.